Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DAK or DUD?

Article about: Here's something I spotted for sale on the web for auction. Seller makes no claims as to what it is. opinions gentlemen? I have no horse in this race.

Default DAK or DUD?

Here's something I spotted for sale on the web for auction. Seller makes no claims as to what it is. opinions gentlemen? I have no horse in this race.

DAK or DUD?DAK or DUD?DAK or DUD?DAK or DUD?DAK or DUD?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK or DUD?
    P
    Many

May have a chance but close up photos of the paint work would be needed

It certainly "Plays the part". The wear dead center on the outer dome is convincing & expected. Looks like just very poorly stored post war...barn, basement, hence the accumulation of rust over decades.

I like it

I agree with Dave, it looks like a real DAK or tropical camo. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

It does have that potentially tantalizing pinkish hue....better photos will tell the true color.

And yes. David is right. Poor post war storage IMHO as well. It might clean up nice with a little TLC. Liner doesn't appear to be dry. That is a big plus to me
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    It does have that potentially tantalizing pinkish hue....better photos will tell the true color.

And yes. David is right. Poor post war storage IMHO as well. It might clean up nice with a little TLC. Liner doesn't appear to be dry. That is a big plus to me
    OOOH...this one just needs to be left as is IMO. Dirty, rusty, cobwebs, that is what gives it charm. Cleaning will take away from it & probably do some damage. It is what it is !

Hi, appears to stand a chance to me as well, the wear does look very convincing as having been left in a barn or alike for a long time. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    OOOH...this one just needs to be left as is IMO. Dirty, rusty, cobwebs, that is what gives it charm. Cleaning will take away from it & probably do some damage. It is what it is !
    I'm just talking about a dry rag to the exterior to wipe away any very loose dirt from poor storage. No scrubbing! Inside? Yes. Leave it dusty and dirty.
    Last edited by MAP; 11-18-2017 at 07:49 PM. Reason: poor grammar
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm just talking about a dry rag to the exterior to dirt any very loose dirt from poor storage. No scrubbing! Inside? Yes. Leave it dusty and dirty.
    Sorry M
    Thought you were talking of taking out back & pressure cleaning it, then applying "Armour All" to the liner. (LOL)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast