Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DAK helmet !!!????

Article about: Need help with this helmet! This helmet has been owned by the cousin of a colleague for maybe 16 years. This 50 year old gentleman purchased this helmet in Tunisia on a holiday. He is a poli

Default Re: DAK helmet !!!????

Far too sexy for me to consider as something really used. It could be soldier art I suppose, but really who knows.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK helmet !!!????
    P
    Many

Fake paint and DAK symbol, made to fool tourists, as Glenn already posted. There is only one certain example that I know to exist of the palm & swaz on a DAK helmet and this ain't it.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 03-13-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Depends on what we call a fake. Considering the helmet is from Tunisia so teoretically might be an "original" DAK helmet. Has a chance to have the original factory paint or an underlying luft decal maybe?!
    Even If it never have been worn as a combat helmet in this form finally It's a souveired helmet like those G.I.art ones.
    Interestingly liner (or rivets at least) must had been kept in place during the painting process.

?

Quote by easternwarfront View Post
    Interestingly liner (or rivets at least) must had been kept in place during the painting process.
    Isn't this normal for a field painted helmet? I've seen originals which had paint dabbed on to the chinstraps and even the liner, by a messy soldier.

Nitram

It might be work removing that ugly 'camo'. I like the way the paint looks on the inside.

?

I would steer clear of this one. The paint crazing looks like faux aging to me, and the DAK symbol is so large as to be soldier art if anything.

Your friend should just enjoy it for what it is. A likely genuine DAK lid with an interesting post war life as a canvas for a desert Rembrandt. All that said, I still like it!

Quote by easternwarfront View Post
    Depends on what we call a fake. Considering the helmet is from Tunisia so teoretically might be an "original" DAK helmet. Has a chance to have the original factory paint or an underlying luft decal maybe?!
    Even If it never have been worn as a combat helmet in this form finally It's a souveired helmet like those G.I.art ones.
    Are you sure it came from Tunisia? That could have just been a story.

DAK symbol did exist, it was used only on vehicles though.

Well, whatever it is serving well as a souvenir though It's not an authentic military item in this form.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast