Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

dak helmet

Article about: ive found this helmet for sale and the price is low i have not yet looked into camo helmets yet still waiting for a book to come in the mail but might sell. just would like to no what you gu

Default Re: dak helmet

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Looks like both decals have been 'liberated' after the fact. That and the swastika scratched into the crown area would certainly lower the attractiveness for me. Plus if the seller doesn't want to take a few extra shots (2-3 minutes work) to sell this lid I'd be telling him where to go.
    I agree with Glenn - I would say that the finish is good but decals were once covered and the "sand" paint has been scrubbed back many years ago to reveal them ( done poorly and ruined the decals in the process ) and that is why it is so cheap ( whatever "cheap"is ) I think there has been some oiling done to the leather as well and a 'hands on' is required to see if pins have been replaced etc...

In it's current condition I would rate it in the AU$300 - 400 range and it will stay around that value because of being messed with. .......... IMO of course!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dak helmet
    P
    Many

Greetings,

over all the helmet doesn't seen right, the split pins that hold the liner seem to be over size and are standing out. They don't seem to be scratched bumped nor damaged, as you normally would see. The vent holes seem to be oversize too. It's seams to imitate an M35 from the pics I see, if so the vent hole opening is defiantly to big. Is the run / batch number 523 on the inside at the rear of the neck plate? Further more the hole lining system, chinstrap attachment( chinstrap posts ), chin strap buckle and even the chinstrap studs look brand new. Not a speck of age or war usage. I would not touch it.

Skip

Quote by skippyroo1 View Post
    Greetings,

over all the helmet doesn't seen right, the split pins that hold the liner seem to be over size and are standing out. They don't seem to be scratched bumped nor damaged, as you normally would see. The vent holes seem to be oversize too. It's seams to imitate an M35 from the pics I see, if so the vent hole opening is defiantly to big. Is the run / batch number 523 on the inside at the rear of the neck plate? Further more the hole lining system, chinstrap attachment( chinstrap posts ), chin strap buckle and even the chinstrap studs look brand new. Not a speck of age or war usage. I would not touch it.

Skip
    The vents are fine for a Quist M35, it's definitely an original shell. All the fittings in the liner / chinstrap of this early helmet (pre 1938, from the unreinforced alu liner band) are aluminium so they often look bright like this, not necessarily a red flag. I'd want to hold it before I paid any money though, it does look messed with at least.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3