Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DAK helmet question

Article about: Hello guys, I have a question. I'm offered a DD luftwaffe DAK helmet. I'm gonna post pictures of him tomorrow, friday. The helmet has a sandcolor paint all over the shell, but so is the insi

?

Default DAK helmet question

Hello guys,

I have a question. I'm offered a DD luftwaffe DAK helmet. I'm gonna post pictures of him tomorrow, friday.
    The helmet has a sandcolor paint all over the shell, but so is the inside...

The question is: Is it possible that the inside of the shell also has the sandcolor paint?

As sayed above, pictures follow tomorrow.

Thx,

Kris.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK helmet question
    P
    Many

Default Re: DAK helmet question

If it is painted all inside including the dome, that is unusual. There were a batch of helmets painted like this found in Czechoslovakia some years ago. The idea is that they were repainted after the war ready to be sold to the Egyptian army, but the deal was never completed. Pics will confirm one way or the other. Are the decals on top of the tan paint?

If it is painted inside the dome, for me that is a very bad sign.

Interested to see pictures, though! You never know..

Josh

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    If it is painted all inside including the dome, that is unusual. There were a batch of helmets painted like this found in Czechoslovakia some years ago. The idea is that they were repainted after the war ready to be sold to the Egyptian army, but the deal was never completed. Pics will confirm one way or the other. Are the decals on top of the tan paint?
    I was thinking the same. The mysterious maybe Egyptian helmets. You can find more info on the subject German-Helmets.com "The Ordnance Tan Helmet Debate". A somewhat controversial subject. Some will say it's not controversial, because they have made up their own minds on these helmets. Others not. It's very hard to find out if they indeed were made for the Egyptians(Though likely).

Regards, Lars

?

Yes, the decals seems to be on top of the paint, which let me think they are added post war...

Kris.

Sounds bad, but the pics are needed to answer your question with any certainty IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Kris,i think that you are most probably right in your thoughts that the decals are post war added as they are on top of the DAK coloured paintwork.It does sound like one of those Egyptian lids but lets wait and see the pictures to be sure,you just never know!!!

?

The one rule that i have always adhered to re camo helmets is that to find one with a decal placed over the top of camo paint, has to be regarded with suspicion, you can expect to see one thats been dug out or painted around,but with a heavily sand applied camo a decal would not only be hard to adhere to the surface it would no doubt fall off over a very short period of time, the debate re internally painting camo is in my opinion a no brainer, for a number of reasons, the liner has to be removed and replaced, the question of practicality, why do it?, it has no earthly benefit for camo purposes whatsoever, the only conceivable instance whereby this procedure would be the norm would be during manufacture which we know did not take place as it was not a regulatory accepted colour in the helmets manufacture colour chart, it was applied by troops in the field as was all other camos,but in saying all this there may well have been a soldier who thought it was a good idea at the time,after all we know that not every soldier is completely without a stupid moment at some time or other, why should a German WW2 squaddie be any different

?

Here we go guys. The pictures of the DAK-helmet. Something is written on the chinstrap, but I can't read it. Q62 shell with lotnumber 967.
    Little rust is coming from under the attachementpins so I guess they are there for a while. Anyway, it just doesn't make sence that the inside of the shell has the same
    sandcollor as the outside. The liner seems to be never replaced because it's very fixed at his place... I hope for some positive opinions but I accually believe this is not a genuine DAK-helmet. Rather a reeactor piece or so.

DAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet questionDAK helmet question

Kris.

I saw such Helmets in Stuttgart Börse in the 80's, news in the paper. I don't remember the origin...But not from WWII

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast