Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinion

Article about: Hello everybody.This is my first DAK Luftwaffe helmet. I need some opinion,what do you guys think about it? Is it decent helmet? How much would be worth it?

Ves
    ?

Default DAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinion

Hello everybody.This is my first DAK Luftwaffe M40 EF 64 Helmet. I need some opinion,what do you guys think about it? Is it decent helmet? How much would be worth it?

DAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinion
    DAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinionDAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinion
    Last edited by Ves; 11-18-2014 at 03:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Luftwaffe Helmet opinion
    P
    Many

Appears that someone has very carefully overpainted a semi relic shell with the tan/brown paint.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i know>camo fake

I usually post pics and ask for opinions on this forum before I buy a helmet.
    This forum and it kind members have saved me a lot of money.

Ves
    ?

Actually for your wondering the paint is original When I got the helmet it was post war over painted with green colour.( I don`t know who idiot would do that ) The helmet was found in a ex communist infantry barrack in Bulgaria,so that explains everything. I carefully removed the paint and for my surprise, the Afrika Korps paint appeared and underneath the gray/blue Luftwaffe colour as well. I was very happy when the eagle and the swastika showed up. The only thing I am not sure about it , if the camo is Afrika Korps,Mediterranean or Italian. I believe is DAK,because when the German troops withdraw from Afrika,some of them went straight to the eastern front thru Bulgaria

My first thought was overly cleaned or that it had had some postwar overpaint removed--- appears this was the case. I like it --- was the leather original to that helmet though? Either way, it looks pretty good all things considered!

I like it,trop finish.

Hi, the tan is period applied in my opinion, there are no signs of it being present in the "pitting" at all, only on the original paints surface. The tan also has a nice crazing effect on it due to the way it set on the original colour. I could not say DAK or Italian either way personally as the "shade" may have been affected by that horrid over paint that you removed, but it is a nice helmet and a good find. Well restored. Leon.

Kind of hard to tell from the pictures but it does look period applied to me.