Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DD Army M40

Article about: Has anyone else seen this? It looks to me like a single decal army M40 with a fake shield. I don't think it is 100 percent original but if it is, then this is one of the rarest helmets out t

Default Re: DD Army M40

NS Also has DN numbers. Just checked both Q and NS on the database and helmets around those numbers are either No decal or Single decal. The shield is done well but what are the odd's of them chucking in a DD batch in the middle of SD runs! My vote is bad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Army M40
    P
    Many

This one would require a hands on , the tricolor shield looks better than the Heer decal which is a red flag to me. But the shield looks original to me , post war placed perhaps.
    In my opinion no M40's received a tricolor in the factory so the decals were added later on perhaps for special use.

?

M40 DD Heer helmets are among the rarest. You see them post war applied, not sure this one is applied war time, in hand would be good to see. Were they applied at the factory, if so it might have been in a certain factory. Frank the EF DD M40 Heer I have is interesting as it is most certainly period applied and worn, and there is evidence EF applied SS decals on M42s into 1944. Perhaps EF was not on top of things the way another factory was or like you say a special order.

From the pictures, it appears to me that the tricolor was applied too far forward on the piece. M40 double decal heer helmets were, as I understand it, all decaled at the factories before the order in March 1940 did away with the tricolor, and I would expect the decal to be centered beneath the vent. This one is way off, and for this reason I think this one was post war applied. Just my 2 cents. Jim G.

?

Agree Jim

Very controversial helmet I've found, eh.

I'd like to think it's real. It looks the part, but it's probably not entirely original.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2