Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

DD Combat Polizei M40 Q64 opinions

Article about: Hey Everyone, I've been looking around for my next acquisition to the helmet collection. I found this pretty nice DD Combat Police M40. The only concern I have with it is the Party shield. T

?

Default DD Combat Polizei M40 Q64 opinions

Hey Everyone,

I've been looking around for my next acquisition to the helmet collection. I found this pretty nice DD Combat Police M40. The only concern I have with it is the Party shield. The swaz seems to be thicker than most I have seen. But then again I am not well versed in Police decals.

The helmet is listed at $1250 USD. Which seems kinda steep, but I have seen these go for far more in or around the same condition.

Q64
    Lot #37....? Stamping is too weak to tell

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Alex

Edit - I've updated the photos to higher res ones that are able to be clicked on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD Combat Polizei M40 Q64 opinions   DD Combat Polizei M40 Q64 opinions  

DD Combat Polizei M40 Q64 opinions   DD Combat Polizei M40 Q64 opinions  

Last edited by Alex5k; 06-08-2019 at 08:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Combat Polizei M40 Q64 opinions
    P
    Many

Hi, I think it is ok, late war rear stamped Quist M40 helmets had a very "rough" granulated finish to them which could make the decal prone to "flaking". Leon.

The polizei shield looks good to me - and in great condition. I think the price is pretty good, comparing to others i have seen. I'm on the hunt for one of these myself, when funds permit.
    I see what you mean about the swaz - unsure on this i'm afraid.
    Nick

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, I think it is ok, late war rear stamped Quist M40 helmets had a very "rough" granulated finish to them which could make the decal prone to "flaking". Leon.
    Thanks for the reply Leon. Any thoughts on the thicker swaz? or could it just be the patina on the decal making it look thicker?

Alex

?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    The polizei shield looks good to me - and in great condition. I think the price is pretty good, comparing to others i have seen. I'm on the hunt for one of these myself, when funds permit.
    I see what you mean about the swaz - unsure on this i'm afraid.
    Nick
    Thanks for the help Nick, This one has me stumped... I've noticed some of the arms of the swaz seem to have a "Saw tooth" edge to them. Not sure if this is wear to the decal or normal. Or just the poor resolution of the photo.

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD Combat Polizei M40 Q64 opinions  

For comparison here is another decal from a Quist M40:

A bit of a concern. The space between the swaz arms and the arms themselves are usually even or equal width. They are not on that helmet. Also oddly more battered looking than the Polizei shield. My guiding principle when considering expensive militaria purchases is if just one feature is unorthodox or odd, reject it and move on, there's always another opportunity around the corner.

I checked some more decals from another forum i am a member of - the width of the swastika arms does vary - but there does seem to be something going on with this particular decal. Has it been touched up with black paint? Or something else?
    Quite hard to determine.

?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I checked some more decals from another forum i am a member of - the width of the swastika arms does vary - but there does seem to be something going on with this particular decal. Has it been touched up with black paint? Or something else?
    Quite hard to determine.
    I was also thinking it might have been touched up with paint. But the patina matches on both decals, Which makes me think its a good one that's been messed with

Probably a good idea to look for one with less concerns, like Anderson said.

Alex

?

Thanks for help everyone!

I'm definitely going to pass on this one.

I've Ordered Ken N's decal book instead to help me with future purchases and hopefully help some others out.

Alex