Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint

Article about: Doug would be the best judge on that Ned, but i have heard 2k upwards for original painted camo ear cut out with original three piece leather liner, depending on condition, i think some of t

Default DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint

Here is today's arrival, a complete double decal Heer Transitional. It is a Himmler style shell with brown paint. There is some black paint on the liner near the band, and on the tails of the split pins and washers, but it does not appear that the shell was black, so the liner may have been replaced. If it was it definitely was period done, as the pins and washers are tight as a drum and correct. The pictures make the paint look greener than it actually is, in hand it is light brown. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint   DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  

DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint   DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  

DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint   DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  

DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint

Thats a really nice example jim, youve come up trumps there

?

A nice Himmler there Jim. Correct gray lined decal, unusual to be brown! Why do you suppose this is? ( I am looking at it w iPhone it is a grey lined Jim? )

?

Hi Jim,
    Stunning lid as usual! Can you elaborate on the term Himmler Style? I looked this term up and from what I can gather it represents a lid with no markings (maker or lot) and is typically painted black with an M31 liner. Finally, they were normally worn by members of the SS VT. Is this correct, or are there other identifying factors? Sorry for my ignorance, however this is the first time I've ever heard that term...

?

A Himmler style helmet is an interwar commercially produced helmet by an unknown maker identifiable by it's long low flat brow and given it's moniker because Himmler commonly wore this helmet on parade. It was worn by the early Allgemeine SS as a parade / ceremonial helmet. I have not seen photos of an SS VT wearing this style. There were 2 versions of it, this heavier gauge style and a lightweight version. I have samples of both in my collection. They are a very nice and rare transitional helmet.

?

Thanks for the explanation!

Hi Doug,

This one's up for auction here in a couple of weeks. I guess reading your post about them being produced in the '20's makes this one in WW1 camoflauge bogus then?

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

The one your showing is the ear cut out m18 camoed helmet, and it looks original as they are pretty well faked, rare and very sought after, especially in that condition

?

Doug your right about the grey lines but on extreme close up there appears to be a some kind of fleck in the decal almost like a faded gold fleck, at least thats what my laptop is showing me, could it be possible that its an early KM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for pointing that out! I totally missed the cutout as i literally flicked from the auction catalogue to this thread by chance and didn't look twice i'm afraid!

May i ask what a ball park figure would be fair for a firm bid on this helmet might be?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast