Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint

Article about: Doug would be the best judge on that Ned, but i have heard 2k upwards for original painted camo ear cut out with original three piece leather liner, depending on condition, i think some of t

?

Default Re: DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint

Doug would be the best judge on that Ned, but i have heard 2k upwards for original painted camo ear cut out with original three piece leather liner, depending on condition, i think some of the relic shells start at £500

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint
    P
    Many

Cheers for that Dave,

Have a looky at this one. It's at the same auction and in my excitement i got the two mixed up i think!

I'm not keen personally what with the running paint inside the shell and the decals look dodgy to me as well. It's far from complete as you can see, but is it one of these transitional '20's helmets, and if so is it still desirable if the price is right?

Thanks again, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

4md
    ?

gday, nice helmet, would the decal be an abels decal?

?

Ned, the black transitional has fake SS decals it appears. The ear cut out if real could fetch huge dollars actually. Would need to see better pics of the ear cutout and markings.
    Dave the decal for sure is not a KM, any gold you see I would think is toning.

?

Well Doug would definately be the man for this one, if its original and a true "blacky" it will be worth a tidy sum, its a shame that you cant enlarge the photos to see the decals , as for the paint runs i think that some did have them, if memory serves , someone on here stated that it was possible to see them with this, as for this one being authentic, i wouldnt like to guess, but it worries me that you cant see the lower parts of the decals, sometimes a sign of hiding a round bottom decal

?

Yes Doug, i was wondering, i think its the colouring in my laptop that sometimes gives a deeper toning, got to try and adjust if poss

This is the best i can do lads, does it help??

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint  
    Attached Images Attached Images DD Heer Transitional - Complete - Himmler Style Shell - Brown Paint 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

From these pics, i would say theres a good chance of it being ok, the helmet sits flat and has a rolled rim all round, there appears to be a good flare on the cutout and the liner looks its age, the paint looks period done and the internal areas seem to have a coating of light rust, i would like to have this one in hand to be absolutely sure as they are faked, but when faking , the rolled rim is always suspect plus the helmet doesnt sit right and the flare is hard to replicate i would also like to see the makers marks

?

Just an additional thought the lugs on the helmet look to be that of an ET64 which should bear witness to originality

?

Looks ok. What is the lot number and s/b an ET64 as Dave said. There is a small lot number database fir these on GHW. They seem to be Highly sequential. I would always want the lot nr before buying one. I am not overly thrilled with the camo paint.

Wouldn't go near that blackie.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast