Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.

Article about: What a first appears as a salty M35 Luft is in fact an interesting little helmet. I’ve always sought either named helmets or ones that have an interesting story and this one is no exception.

Default DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.

What at first appears as a salty M35 Luft is in fact an interesting little helmet. I’ve always sought either named helmets or ones that have an interesting story and this one is no exception. An ET62 Luftwaffe lid which originally started out as a DD helmet finished in Luftwaffe blue/grey, the helmet received a hand brushed overpaint at some point with a darker paint which appears to include some form of chips or other media mixed into the paint. In certain areas the original blue can be seen breaking through. The lot number appears to be 426! So I’m assuming a digit is hidden beneath the paint.

This was alleged to have been picked up during the Ardennes Offensive by Lt. Glenn C. Adams from Haynesville Maine, USA. Adams was a forward air observer calling in artillery and was also a vet of Korea. During his war service he was shot twice and received two bronze and a silver star along with several oak leaf clusters. I have not yet looked in the liner for unit markings but hope to find out more about the original owner Mullerleile if possible.

Hope you enjoy! Andy

DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.
    Last edited by AndyM35; 02-16-2020 at 12:33 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD M35 with history - my latest pickup.
    P
    Many

Hey Andy I can't say much here, but I'm waiting for the day you pop one up that I once owned.

MAP
    ?

Oozing history Andy. Congrats. As I mentioned, I love the name and how it is written!

A long wait...but finally arrived!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very nice pickup Andy, If only it could talk... it would have one hell of a story to tell.

I checked the Volksbund for Mullerleile, only entry that came up was a WW1 soldier. Hopefully Mullerleile made it out alive.

Alex

Very nice Andy, a lot of history here for sure.
    With the Lot number of 426 - do you think there is another digit after this.
    I see there are so low 3 digit lot numbers with alu re-enforced liners.
    Nick

TWS
    ?

Quote by Alex5k View Post
    Very nice pickup Andy, If only it could talk... it would have one hell of a story to tell.

I checked the Volksbund for Mullerleile, only entry that came up was a WW1 soldier. Hopefully Mullerleile made it out alive.

Alex
    I was about to do the same because it's an uncommon name.

Nice acquisition Andy!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey Andy I can't say much here, but I'm waiting for the day you pop one up that I once owned.
    I'm sure you would go through the ....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for sharing this helmet with us Andy, a one-looker no doubt and a great piece of history. Especially love the textured hand painted finish.

Kindest Regards,
    Harvey