Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins

Article about: I pulled a box of Combat Police helmets out of storage yesterday and for the first time noticed a close relationship between these 2 M42 hkp 62 double decal Combat Police helmets. Same maker

Default DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins

I pulled a box of Combat Police helmets out of storage yesterday and for the first time noticed a close relationship between these 2 M42 hkp 62 double decal Combat Police helmets. Same maker - hkp. Same size - 62, same shell style - M42. Very close lot numbers, the first - 3599, the second - 3609. The factory applied rough textured feldgrau paint is identical. The differences - the first has a pig skin liner, the second - no. The biggest difference - and probably why I hadn't seen the relationship earlier, are the decals. The first piece has the expected standard SE/hkp police decals found on M42's. The second has the earlier SE decals usually found on M35 SE DD Police helmets (although some M35 SE's have the later "bordered" adler). Interesting, at least to me. Hope you like them. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins   DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins  

DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins   DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins  

DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins   DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins  

DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins
    P
    Many

Love the first one better. No handling wear....full textured paint remains. Really nice !!
    D.

?

My only non-relic helmet is a no-decal M42 'hkp' 62, lot number: 3901

DD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not TwinsDD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not TwinsDD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not TwinsDD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not TwinsDD M42 Combat Police Helmets - Brothers - Not Twins

Cheers,
    Fabe

Nice Jim, interesting to see the decal changes on close production run helmets. Those boxes just keep on producing! Leon.

I like these very much. For me personally i prefer the borderless decal, so i like the 2nd helmet more.
    Nick

The 2 diffent decals is very interesting to see. EF also used 2 different types on their M42.
    Nice helmets Jim.