Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

DD Police M34 Combat Helmet ?

Article about: Good afternoon, I have been offered this double decal Police helmet for sale. Firstly is the helmet genuine? To me it looks a re-painted M34 civil helmet perhaps for combat? The strap appear

Default DD Police M34 Combat Helmet ?

Good afternoon,

I have been offered this double decal Police helmet for sale.

Firstly is the helmet genuine?

To me it looks a re-painted M34 civil helmet perhaps for combat?

The strap appears to be dated 1939... what is this helmet?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD Police M34 Combat Helmet ?   DD Police M34 Combat Helmet ?  

DD Police M34 Combat Helmet ?   DD Police M34 Combat Helmet ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Police M34 Combat Helmet ?
    P
    Many

You have it right in being a repainted M34. You will need to post close up head on photos of the decals for verification. From what I can see the decals display the right amount of wear in relation to the overall helmet. More decal detail is required to be sure.

The liner looks okay, but it is missing the leather pad on the dome of the helmet. Rivets look nice and tight, maybe this was a factory reissue? I say this because the inside of the helmet also has the new paint job. I'm new to collecting so I'd wait for more experienced guys to comment.

I'd ask for more photos of the paint job and chinstrap.

Tyler

The same old saw, you should ask for better pictures, but it does look good to me. Jim G.

Need close ups of the decals.the paint could be OK .I have a green n34 DD police.just need better pictures.
    Chris

Hi Glenn, hard to say from these pictures but it could be a good over painted civic Police helmet. The green is the correct shade but that's as far as I could say until we can see some nice sharp paint and decal close-ups. Leon.