Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

dd police m35

Article about: anymore opinions are welcomed!!! all the best, Stefan

?

Default Re: dd police m35

Fair enuf, I know these things tone like this, so could well be. But looking at it in hand and comparing toning on a heer eagle, the alleged water police decal looks as if it was made that way.....would it tone o evenly all over as to look like a gold eagle ???? Gold decals are a hard one to pic, i am by no way upset as I love the helmet, and the idea of a water based firefighter has perplexed me.....

Yeh it's a difficult one........more thsn likely toned

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dd police m35
    P
    Many

?

Yes the toning would be even and can get very " golden ", I have 9 police helmets and 1 of them is even more golden in color than your example, but it's toning due to lacquer and environmental conditions it's been in for the past however many years. I also have studied toning on Heer decals in detail and compare vs any and all KM decals there is no question of the difference in a purpose made factory built golden decal and toned police and toned Heer decals.

Not to despair you're the owner of a very nice helmet nonetheless!

?

Am i right in saying that original M34s should have a raised dome around the pepper pot holes

only some will have the raised dome with s/p holes

?

here are decal close up to end the review of this helmet, let me know guys!!

dd police m35dd police m35

all the best,
    Stefan
    Attached Images Attached Images dd police m35 

?

anybody? one last try.

all the best,
    Stefan

?

according to german helmet walhalla its original, here is what is said

Stefan,

The helmet looks fine with regard to originality. There are many styles of these shells that were manufactured before and during the wartime period, both squared and rounded transitions (visor to the neck guard), three vs, four rivet liners, aluminum to heavier gauged steel shells, etc, etc. Until you feel comfortable it's best to post prospective acquisitions here.

Regards,
    Don

?

Yeh im not sure mate, a lot of variations were made, and not all follow the the authorised verisons and styles. remember there were more than one manufacturer of these helmets, and even though there may hvae been standard patterns, not all produced the right style.

However, the rounded lip o yours would indicate post war as eric has shown, you may have an original helmet, but not a third reich period original. I have many original thrid reich helmets, I also have an original Quist made post war border guard helmet, which from a distance is a dead spit for a M40, but has subtle differences.

check out this site, it has heaps of info.....

German-Helmets.com

Have a look at the civil and other helmet sections, they show good line drawings of the different shapes

?

Don is one of the largest collectors and authorities on civic and non combat helmets, whose vast collection and wealth of experience dwarfs most, and I agree with him, this is original.

?

thanks doug, if he is that powerful than it has to be real!!

all the best,
    Stefan

more opinions are welcome!! XD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast