Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

dd ss helmet

Article about: can the lot number tell when and where made !!!

Better shots - can they be rotated please ( I hate turning my computer on its side )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dd ss helmet
    P
    Many

Hello, this is a tough call for me , on the one hand I quite like the "construction" of the pulver to the runic decal and the break appears to be sharper to the right hand side now I can see it is just the absence of some decal that makes it appear softer. On the other hand both decals almost appear to have the look of ones that have been applied after the area had been "dug/liberated" in the search for decals? I hope Doug or Kelly come back to help us out!! Leon.

Paying it forward...

dd ss helmet

dd ss helmet

I like it - but then I'm a grunt in this area.

Da
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

if dug out does it mean its a fake !! or maybe done to reveal them not place them.

Quote by ireichit View Post
    if dug out does it mean its a fake !! or maybe done to reveal them not place them.
    Hi ,"dug out" does not mean it's fake it means the paint that was over the top of the decals has been "dug/scrapped etc" away to reveal the decals. If I were really pushed to give an answer on this helmet I would say that it is an original , but if I saw it on a dealers site I think I would want to inspect it in hand as these NS decal types are notoriously difficult to authenticate. Leon.

thanks for the info at least it stands a chance. I have had a single decal decal in the past I know was o.k but I stupidly sold it, when younger I had lots of stuff helmets jackets field gear field police duty gorget all the assault badges tank badges, the list was long but I got married. the boss made me get rid of them.

I have to admit I wouldn't buy this one. It looks quite convincing but just a gut feeling. I really don't like the finely sprayed camo either.

i know they did spray on camo but i feel maybe it is post war applied but old as no smell only musty, i do not want to try and remove it, the paint underneath looks right and i am only interested in authenticity of the decals which do look like dug out as stated and not applied after the brushed paint.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I have to admit I wouldn't buy this one. It looks quite convincing but just a gut feeling. I really don't like the finely sprayed camo either.
    I certainly agree with you that the sprayed on cammo looks to be artificial. Which of course does detract from the helmet if the decals do turn out to be legit! Leon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast