Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

dd ss helmet

Article about: can the lot number tell when and where made !!!

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I just had a reply from Doug after emailing him the pics, his opinion is that the decals and camo are not original. When it comes to SS decals you can put his opinion in the bank. Sorry for the bad news mate.
    That's a shame , as Kradspam has said ,Doug is the oracle on these things and you can trust his opinion 100%. It has to be said though, those runes are damn good fakes , so close to known NS originals ,but put with the cammo and the lot number mis-match ,things were looking increasingly bad ,sorry mate, Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dd ss helmet
    P
    Many

I really hope Doug is able to come back to the forum when the time is right. His absence is a huge dent in the knowledge base here!

Ì have missed something, is Doug taking a break from the forum ?

thanks to everyone for your help it's much appreciated.

Hi ireichit with this helmet being a gift, as least there wasn't a good amount of cash gone down the drain. On the down side a genuine german helmet has been wrecked. All the best mark

would it be feasable to strip the paint down to the smooth original paint or should I just leave it as is.

If it was me mate, I'd just sell it on for what it is and move on to the next lid. You won't have a good result if you strip the paint down, it very rarely looks right afterward. If the liner is good you might have about $300+ worth of components there, funds you can fold into an all original lid.

the liner is good all rivets tight and unmessed with the dome stamp. thanks for the advice I found the forum very informative and helpful and I will go and find some more items to show, hopefully original I just wish I still had all my known original bits I really regret letting them go.

[QUOTE=ireichit;I just wish I still had all my known original bits
    I really regret letting them go.[/QUOTE]

We've all been there and regret letting good stuff
    go 'back when'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4