Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Decal advice please.

Article about: Hi all, This probably wont go down to well with members but I have some genuine period decals including Heer and KM. As I have an Heer M40 where the original decal has been removed I am cons

Exclamation Decal advice please.

Hi all,

This probably wont go down to well with members but I have some genuine period decals including Heer and KM. As I have an Heer M40 where the original decal has been removed I am considering ( shock, horror ) to place a genuine one on this helmet. My rationale is the decals were made to be applied, better to have one on than for it to sit unused in a drawer. What do members think of this?. Could I get some advice on the correct method of applying it please?.

Thanks Brad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal advice please.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Decal advice please.

My god!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I think you've already seen my opinion post

Quote by reichss View Post
    Hi all,

This probably wont go down to well with members but I have some genuine period decals including Heer and KM. As I have an Heer M40 where the original decal has been removed I am considering ( shock, horror ) to place a genuine one on this helmet. My rationale is the decals were made to be applied, better to have one on than for it to sit unused in a drawer. What do members think of this?. Could I get some advice on the correct method of applying it please?.

Thanks Brad
    I'm sure you know the answer so what's the reason you post this , yet another controversy ?
    Never saw a person make so many useless posts on a forum before and you call yourself a collector ?

Depending on how many you have I'd stick'em all on one helmet to make it extra original :-) That is if they are originals of course.

An original un-applied decal holds more value to me (and a great many others, I'm sure) than a helmet that has been messed with post-war.

Sticking an original, period decal on a ND shell just destroys the historical value of both the helmet AND the decal..

Take the original decals out of the drawer and set them up in a display.. Don't ruin them.

4md
    ?

I wouldnt do it Brad, besides ruining a piece of history, trying to applying a 65+ year old decal could end in tears..... like Joshua says put them in a frame and display them.
    For me personally i like my ww2 items to be exactly as they were when the war ended
    regards Paul

?

Hello Brad
    As Paul has just said, these decals will pretty much self-destruct as soon as you try to apply them!

Regards
    Brett

Hi all,

Please calm down, I didn't say I would apply the decal but was considering it, hence asking you guys what your thoughts were.

I wasn't enthusiastic on doing it and from the responses I wont.

Enclosed some photos of decals.

Thanks all

Brad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decal advice please.   Decal advice please.  

Decal advice please.   Decal advice please.  

Decal advice please.  

From the crazing evident in the shield decal alone, personally, I'd say it would be impossible to apply intact in any case-regardless of the intentions.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Your kidding right? Well at least that helmet would then be an instant reproduction to match with the many others you've posted.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast