Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Decal advice please.

Article about: Hi all, This probably wont go down to well with members but I have some genuine period decals including Heer and KM. As I have an Heer M40 where the original decal has been removed I am cons

Default Re: Decal advice please.

Quote by reichss View Post
    Hi all,

This probably wont go down to well with members but I have some genuine period decals including Heer and KM. As I have an Heer M40 where the original decal has been removed I am considering ( shock, horror ) to place a genuine one on this helmet. My rationale is the decals were made to be applied, better to have one on than for it to sit unused in a drawer. What do members think of this?. Could I get some advice on the correct method of applying it please?.

Thanks Brad
    Place the decals in an envelope, lick the adhesive, seal the envelope, stamp the envelope, address the envelope to someone willing to preserve the historical value of these treasures, and drop the envelope in the nearest mailbox.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal advice please.
    P
    Many

Agree with the above comments. As a collector the thought would never go through my mind to use original decals so it begs the question why you would even consider it.

I have to ask, you vowed to you not return to the forum in a previous topic becuse of comments and criticism, so what changed your mind. Looking for another controversy?

Trollllllllllling?

I'll take 'em!

Volksjager, I guess one can change one's mind in a free society, especially as I received two private messages asking me not to spit the dummy and also if you don't mind we are allowed to have a divergence of opinions rightly or wrongly.

I agree with you but there is a difference between having an opinion and stirring the pot.

C'mon boys play nice

?

Quote by reichss View Post
    Volksjager, I guess one can change one's mind in a free society, especially as I received two private messages asking me not to spit the dummy and also if you don't mind we are allowed to have a divergence of opinions rightly or wrongly.
    It's your casual approach to what's real and what's not that's not grounded in any reality and that provenance seems rather fluid to you is whats bothersome. I can have an opinion the sky is purple but it doesn't make it right. And when you sell or trade the items that in reality are bad but by your opinion are good, someone else is left holding the bag.

Brad every thread I have read you have started winds up like this, where you claim opinion divergence and become either condescending, obstinant, or combative with members who disagree with you. You want a discussion and say this is what forums are for but the discussion only should go one way.

This topic I feel was not put forward with discussion as an intent but to start conflict and thus I am closing this thread down as we are back on the same merry go round all your threads seem to wind up on.

Please in future rethink what makes a good topic for discussion and not discord.
    Last edited by DougB; 02-10-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3