Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Decal or no Decal?

Article about: Attachment 359801Attachment 359801Attachment 359793New to collecting and have been offered this for £420. Brother posted on here for me last week and suggested i join myself. Can anyone help

Default Re: Decal or no Decal?

One of the reasons why I think it is not a transitional helmet is because the chinstrap rivets attached to the skirt are still completely intact. I have never seen a reissued Austrian, m16, or m17 helmet with them intact like that. In every instance I am aware of the moving part was at least removed during the reissue process. I'm only basing that on what I have seen; it is by no means absolute.

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal or no Decal?
    P
    Many

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    One of the reasons why I think it is not a transitional helmet is because the chinstrap rivets attached to the skirt are still completely intact. I have never seen a reissued Austrian, m16, or m17 helmet with them intact like that. In every instance I am aware of the moving part was at least removed during the reissue process. I'm only basing that on what I have seen; it is by no means absolute.

Corey
    That's a fair point Corey, I can't remember having seen the old bales intact before either. I think I misunderstood your earlier post

I imagine the original WWI chinstrap bales would only be intact if the WWI liner was used for the reissue. I can't tell with the paint, but it looks like a round bottom fake decal, or the decal was painted over and made it look like a round bottom ,but I am going with my first theory. I'd stay clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2