Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Decals Look OK?

Article about: How do these decals look? I think they are OK, but want to run it by you all. The Heer is on an M18, the Lufty is on an M40 and the third/fourth Heer (?) is on an M40, but the shell looks to

Default Decals Look OK?

How do these decals look? I think they are OK, but want to run it by you all. The Heer is on an M18, the Lufty is on an M40 and the third/fourth Heer (?) is on an M40, but the shell looks to have been painted black. I don't know if that is wartime or post war paint. Thanks for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decals Look OK?   Decals Look OK?  

Decals Look OK?   Decals Look OK?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decals Look OK?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Decals Look OK?

It would be better if you showed all the helmets in order to get some relation to the decals displayed

They look pretty good to me... I'd go for the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine (looks far too gold to be Heer) any time. The first Heer would fool me if fake, but I like that one as well. Thumbs up.

Quote by kenbent View Post
    They look pretty good to me... I'd go for the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine (looks far too gold to be Heer) any time. The first Heer would fool me if fake, but I like that one as well. Thumbs up.
    IF it turns out to be an original field paint black KM lid, there is a good chance of it being a KM coastal artillery lid, me thinks The only two other black KM lids I have seen are both coastal artillery lids. And as far as I know, black field painted KM lids are pretty rare.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I think the first decal is an Ed Strache, which is normally on reissues. The helmet looks to be a factory textured M40/42 though. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Edit: Ah, I just saw your first post....... On an M18 I'm more comfortable with that decal

Here are the helmets. I completely forgot to take a pic of the black one, but I have seen it in hand. That decal looks like a two part when I inspected it in hand. I feel pretty comfortable with all of these. What does a coastal KM black helmet go for, ballpark figure? The paint isnt stellar, but most of it is present.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decals Look OK?   Decals Look OK?  

The first is called the Mad faced decal and is somewhat controversial like the Ed Strache decal , it's been a long time since I have seen that one.
    The Luftwaffe is good. The Black one although very toned looks Heer to me , the toning on the right wing seems uneven. A KM must be evenly gold. But it could be the pics.