Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Destroyed helmet

Article about: I found this in a flea market. It looks as if someone went nuts with steal wool. Does anything look real on this thing? No serious money was spent, just bought it because it was there.

Default Re: Destroyed helmet

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    At the end of the day, a nice original shell that makes an excellent base for a re-enactor's helmet.
    Unfortunately...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Destroyed helmet
    P
    Many

?

Ok so I was about twelve and I was at a local yardsale and spot a bright high gloss lime green helmet forsale for $2 in early 1980s. It appeared to be painted in the same color as some of the interior of their garage. So I bought it and did my best to remove paint. I did uncover a decal on one side and nothing on the other. Not knowing what I know learned a few later, i protected the decal and sprayed the rest black. It did not have a liner so I made one. I have kept it all these years because it was my first yard sale find. Now I even hesitate to wipe off "original" dust.

Uhhhgggg trying to edit photos have no idea why they will not rotate!? Sorry!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Destroyed helmet   Destroyed helmet  

Destroyed helmet   Destroyed helmet  

Helmet above looks like a ok removal of paint probably put on by vet or his kids, I agree with you I would leave it it has sentimental ties to you. It however looks and was not a norweign, Danish or Finish rework Nice find back in the days when they were cheap. At the end of story yes it is all up to the owner. timothy

Aww! C'mon! We wanna see the home-made Liner too! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The liner is very bad! Don't think I would be hired as a forger any time soon...lol I was young and wide eyed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2