Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Diagram of helmet makers configurations

Article about: A short time ago someone posted a diagram of the helmet makers configuration of German helmets, ie centrally placed with the centre line denoting where the decal and liner pins were in relat

?

Default Diagram of helmet makers configurations

A short time ago someone posted a diagram of the helmet makers configuration of German helmets, ie centrally placed with the centre line denoting where the decal and liner pins were in relation to individual makes, i had list diagram but cant find it anywhere , does someone have the thread or the diagram so i can hard copy, cheers dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Diagram of helmet makers configurations
    P
    Many

4md
    ?

Default Re: Diagram of helmet makers configurations

is this it
    Attached Images Attached Images Diagram of helmet makers configurations 

very helpful graphic!

?

Thats it mate , thanks a lot, very useful piece of reference, i reckon her indoors has been moving my stuff around AGAIN

Quote by davejb View Post
    A short time ago someone posted a diagram of the helmet makers configuration of German helmets, ie centrally placed with the centre line denoting where the decal and liner pins were in relation to individual makes, i had list diagram but cant find it anywhere , does someone have the thread or the diagram so i can hard copy, cheers dave
    I know who made this diagram , it was made based on a drawing by Darryl Pajot to point out the shell differences between makers. The decals are merely featured for visual effect so the cross hairs and decals really don't have any use other than appeal. It's the shape of the helmet that really tells the differences between makers (as pointed out by the little arrows on the diagram.

Personally I look at the decal type , paint color , lot number stamp and vent hole to deduct what company made a helmet (in case it's not readable).

This reference is valid for M35, 40 and 42?

?

Schwerpunkt, thanks for that, yes i realise that the decal has no real bearing, but im under the impression that because of the positioning of the vent hole, this dictates the siting of the decal, whether the vent is forward or back from the centre line would tell where the decal had to be positioned,but i see what your saying, but im only using this as a rough guide,cheers Dave

Quote by davejb View Post
    Schwerpunkt, thanks for that, yes i realise that the decal has no real bearing, but im under the impression that because of the positioning of the vent hole, this dictates the siting of the decal, whether the vent is forward or back from the centre line would tell where the decal had to be positioned,but i see what your saying, but im only using this as a rough guide,cheers Dave
    I don't think the vent holes are correct either , there are easier ways to recognize the different makers.