Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Did M34 have DD...

Article about: Hi guys, this bid of rust has been sitting in my shed for a long while now. The shape of this M34 is really bad. Am looking to sell it to whoever wants it. But before I do... The decals look

Default Did M34 have DD...

Hi guys,

this bid of rust has been sitting in my shed for a long while now.
    The shape of this M34 is really bad. Am looking to sell it to whoever wants it.

But before I do... The decals look authentic, but considering the shape of the helmet compared to the decals I would say added on..
    Also I have never seen a M34 with heer decals.

Any thoughts on this. Is it possible that the M34 has authentic decals that were not applied postwar..

Thanks again

Did M34 have DD...Did M34 have DD...Attachment 372425Did M34 have DD...Did M34 have DD...Attachment 372428
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Did M34 have DD...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Did M34 have DD...

Is it my eyes or do these decals look plasticised when enlarged??

I see the same thing Dave, I would go with fake decals, don't think the M34s had Heer decals, did they?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

They look dotty to me, so fake IMO.

But on a related note to what Dave posted, a mate has a relic shell with a fragment of decal that does look to be plastic, very odd.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

On page 147 of German Helmets 1933-1945 there is a Tan coloured Civic Fire helmet with siver vane on top , it has metal Heer insignias

I think only Luftwaffe fire department units had these types of helmet with natioanal color shields, if I recall correctly. I'd go with bad on these.

Yes the luftwaffe did have that type of helmet.
    But this one here is no good.
    chris

Thanks guys. i thougt decals might be real. I have put it up for sale with my doubts. maybe i change my add and sell it for a tenner. maybe i keep it for fake decal tef :-). Thanks!

100% repro decals, ''pre aged'' from Slovakia. These decals are very easy to tell they are fake to be honest with you, as has been said you can see the dot matrix from the modern printer clearly. You would probably have more chance selling the helmet if you removed them IMO

I dont think this is a Luftwaffe Helmet at all. The vent slots and the single rivet for the liner make me think that this is a early 1930's fire/police helmet. IMHO