Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Do you try the helmets on???

Article about: Gentlemen, I think this photograph answers the question !.....last years Christmas card !

Default Re: Do you try the helmets on???

Guys in particular navy man, and orador all great pics.i love the older face with the m42 reminds me of how a volksturm would have looked.the spiked helmet looks great on.on a special ocasion which il only hint at an ex girlfiend of mine wore one of my german m16s voluntarily, and not much else i only say it because it is a fact,lv ps all great. Replies thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you try the helmets on???
    P
    Many

?

well i use to ware one of my NAM M-1's while playing on my XBOX

I've never come accross a helmet big enough to fit my head. They had a job finding one in my size when I was in the army!

This is probably one of the best threads in the forum, so funny, maybe when i arrive home, ill post my pict.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I've always tried on the helmet the minute it comes out of the mail!! I know my head size: I need a 58cm liner on a 66cm shell.....don't have any pics though. Another thing that I do (for sure, I'm not alone in doing this) is that I put my face inside the helmet and take a deep breath - there is a specific smell that old helmets take on ..... I love it!

Cheers!

Rob

?

Apparently Billy Connolly said: 'Never trust a man left alone with a tea cosy who doesn't try it on'. So it is with helmets. I only have four, two of which are British that I would have worn when I was serving in the military. So I have tried them on. It does bring back memories of long days and nights and how itchy and scratchy they became. My other helmets are a fake German and an M1 recently acquired through NickD. To be honest I only ever wore them to amuse my two very young sons. They like to wear them though. 'I'm a shoulder, Daddy' the three year old happily tells me!

yes I have put all 3 of mine on, my m-40 most, but all mine fit great, but it gives me flashbacks of those crappy kevlar lumps, I hated wearing that thing, but I don't mind my m-1 U.S. steel pot's especially the marine ww2 cammo cover., the nam para helmet has too many straps, yes it has an m-1 shell

Quote by lach470 View Post
    I thing that I do (for sure, I'm not alone in doing this) is that I put my face inside the helmet and take a deep breath - there is a specific smell that old helmets take on ..... I love it! Cheers! Rob
    Rob....and there we have it...the smell, is there on all items be it cloth or leather, the smell of authenticity ! always to be considered when evaluating a piece...something that can not be replicated, it must be taken into consideration with all the other factors !

?

Remember what Colonel Sanders said to his leader .... Dark Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you try the helmets on???  

do you guys think that if it fits it mostly influences the buy?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast