Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Do you try the helmets on???

Article about: Gentlemen, I think this photograph answers the question !.....last years Christmas card !

?

Default Re: Do you try the helmets on???

I agree they are best left on display so they may last another 70 +years, and as a few others have said i wouldnt get one big enough for my head, i did once try a 68 on when i first got it but even that doesnt fit ,, rgds Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you try the helmets on???
    P
    Many

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    You know it my bad pic
    Really funny thread, just seeing the pictures and reading the opinions

On an other note, I wouldnt advise that you wear your GM38 Gas Mask with the filter cannister fitted. The filter materials are now very degraded (due to age) and particles become loose, these can be inhaled and end up in your lungs and in the case of asbesto's it will stick to the lining of the lungs and stay there. I'm not too sure of the contents of German filters, but the golden rule for collectors is "if its expired its for a reason so dont use it" I'm sure you'll be ok though, as long as you havent been wearing the mask during re-enactments or walking around your house wearing it

Thanks

Danny

ONE GUY MENTIONS THAT HELMETS LOOK BEST LEFT ON THE SHELF.I STRONGLY DISAGREE ,IN MY OPINION THEY LOOK AT THEIR BEST ON A LIFE LIKE HEAD WITH THE CHINSTRAP UNDER THE CHIN.I DEFINATLEY DONT THINK THEY LOOK AT THEIR BEST SITTING ON SHELVES,lv

have to agree LV cept for the chinstrap lol never ever strapped mine if i could ever aoid it most of us dont lol

?

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    ONE GUY MENTIONS THAT HELMETS LOOK BEST LEFT ON THE SHELF.I STRONGLY DISAGREE ,IN MY OPINION THEY LOOK AT THEIR BEST ON A LIFE LIKE HEAD WITH THE CHINSTRAP UNDER THE CHIN.I DEFINATLEY DONT THINK THEY LOOK AT THEIR BEST SITTING ON SHELVES,lv
    thats one way of destroying the history of a helmet that may have cost alot of money. any helmet in original condition could be ruined i just one spur of the moment action not a good idea if your spending up to £600 or more on these items

?

i try on my lids but i restore relic german helmets they dont have original liners so not much to worry about

Luftschutz Guy
    ?

I like to wear my repros ,but not the real ones.

ive tried on mine but they dont fit... i have an ET68 shell that i am currently refurbishing for reenactment use. i only have one size 68 shell and unfortunately my enormous head fits, but its a little tight. anyone have a 70 shell around? lol

my m42 sd witch fitts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do you try the helmets on???  

?

some of my previous helmets have been alittle too small so just sit on top my head but my current one is ok and have tried it on and as a previous wrf member said you realise how heavy they are

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6