Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Don't understand.

Article about: A thread was just deleted where a relativly new member brought into question the reputability of a dealer of helmets which I think his reputation is good. One of the duties of any discussion

?

Default Don't understand.

A thread was just deleted where a relativly new member brought into question the reputability of a dealer of helmets which I think his reputation is good.
    One of the duties of any discussion forum is to honestly question without malice the reputation of all dealers. There were no insults directed towards the dealer in question just honest questions. There certainly were no statements made that would have impuned any dealers reputation and certainly would have been no legal rammifications of any kind for doing so.
    There are no saints in this hobby but there are many devils. Honest questions without the intention to insult should be answered in the same fashion without any threat of the person asking the question to be doing something wrong by asking it.
    I would like to tell the new member that he is just fine so that he will not be inhibited to ask honest questions in the future.
    Steve Ray

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Don't understand.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Don't understand.

I thought two threads relating to the same helmet were merged?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by SteveR View Post
    A thread was just deleted where a relativly new member brought into question the reputability of a dealer of helmets which I think his reputation is good.
    One of the duties of any discussion forum is to honestly question without malice the reputation of all dealers. There were no insults directed towards the dealer in question just honest questions. There certainly were no statements made that would have impuned any dealers reputation and certainly would have been no legal rammifications of any kind for doing so.
    There are no saints in this hobby but there are many devils. Honest questions without the intention to insult should be answered in the same fashion without any threat of the person asking the question to be doing something wrong by asking it.
    I would like to tell the new member that he is just fine so that he will not be inhibited to ask honest questions in the future.
    Steve Ray

Hi Steve,

What Adrian said, both threads were merged into one and are still there.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks for the thoughts Steve as a young collector I always question older collectors even if they have a good reputation because everyone is wrong once in a while we are all human beings aren't we

?

Didn't realize they had been merged.
    Juat wanted the member to know he was OK in his question.

?

Steve, I merged the threads (and stated that in the thread ;-) ) as the discussion was centering around the helmet which there was also a thread and I found it confusing to have 2 threads on more or less the same topic, the camo helmet. Both the helmet and the reputation question can be thus discussed in 1 clean thread.
    Cheers
    Doug

PS I didn't leave a redirect as I thought it was obvious where it went.

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts Steve as a young collector I always question older collectors even if they have a good reputation because everyone is wrong once in a while we are all human beings aren't we
    Exactly right, no-one is infallible so it is good to ask questions and it is encouraged.

How you put your questions sometimes requires a bit of tact and diplomacy if your words might cause offence so please continue to ask, just try and pose them in a way that is transparent to all. Sometimes an explanation of why you're asking is a good idea as then we all know the reasons behind a particular question.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Absolutely and your questions are valid ones. Sorry for any confusion Steve, etc in the thread merge.

?

After you pass 60 it is very easy to get confused.

After you pass 50 it's very easy to get confused......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast