Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Double Decal DRK? Just seen this what do you think?

Article about: I've just stumbled upon this, what are your opinions? I don't know much about civil helmets and I know double decal DRK are rare, also can someone enlighten me why the stamps are bulged out

Default Double Decal DRK? Just seen this what do you think?

I've just stumbled upon this, what are your opinions? I don't know much about civil helmets and I know double decal DRK are rare, also can someone enlighten me why the stamps are bulged out is that common? thanks : ) Educate me!

Double Decal DRK? Just seen this what do you think?Double Decal DRK? Just seen this what do you think?Double Decal DRK? Just seen this what do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Decal DRK? Just seen this what do you think?
    P
    Many

Hi, the vents do bulge out like that on this style of helmet, unfortunately I cannot give you any more of an opinion on it than that as the images are much to out of focus. Good close up images of the decals are needed to form a proper opinion. Leon.

Unfortunately I can't get any better images, does it seem ok at a glance? Any obvious things to be found on this one?

from what I can see of the condition of the helmet imo the decals are ok.

Just asked for some better images, I understand the DRK shield should have a pointed bottom like this, is there any markings or stamps I should be aware of on the inside of these style helmets? thanks for the replies, just want to make sure as this would be one of my first DRK purchases if all bodes well

MAP
    ?

Correct, the pointed bottom is the most common version. There is a round bottom version but I have read conflicting opinions on these. The paint color also seems to be consistent with the accepted "smooth medium to dark grey finish" (quote Ken N). Also as noted in Kens book, the national emblem while not unknown is not often seen on these helmets.

So while it may stand a chance.... there is no way to tell until better pictures are provided.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)