Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Double decal german croatian police helmet

Article about: This is a helmet that has been in my collection for a good few years now,never been convinced the leather liner is right but i'm happy with the decals and camo paint or what do you think,all

Default re: Double decal german croatian police helmet

Thats more like it !, explained constructive criticism one way or the other, thats what members want to read when questions are asked.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double decal german croatian police helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Double decal german croatian police helmet

I hate this hobby............................ It's a real shame that something like that IS not real What a cracker if it was, so sorry

?

As has been said, paint is artificially aged (repetitive toolmarks), decals are not original, put this one out to pasture.

OKW
    ?

So if the white paint and decals were removed you'd have a ?

Quote by OKW View Post
    A messed around with original steel shell, that would be all.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by OKW View Post
    dont forget to remove the reproduction liner. Then you would have a seriously buggered up M40 German helmet shell which you could buy a nice unmessed with original no decal version of for about 400-500 depending on condition that even has an original liner and probably a nice period chinstrap as well.

davies435
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I am sorry, but I would have to agree that the whole helmet is bad. I can confirm the Croatian decal is bad. The size of the red and white "boxes" which form the design is incorrect. The aging to the white over paint is really very artificial.

Plus would such a combination of decals even be possible? The Police is not an area I have ever studied in any great detail, but I am not aware of foriegn decaled Police helmets?

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade - long time no speak

As you said, the regular combination of decals is the mirror of what is on this helmet (I have a camo'd Croat police DD myself), but I've seen this combination, on other genuine helmets in either format (not only for Croat police but for all foreign units) revearse decal helmets are not even uncommon. I also have a KM M40 SD that I was given in Norway with the KM eagle on the revearse side.
    Revearse decal helmets tend to be early war. Later.......it's been agreed they didn't really have the time or inclination to remove old decals on reissue helmets, they simply added the national sheild or decal on the now de-faced side. I saw a few years back a reissued Heer helmet with the french sheild placed over a belgian shield.
    Hows tricks my man?
    Living and thriving in Slovakia now!
    Noticed this web-site as they discovered two SS bodies in a ditch dug for a new water pipe (750 meters from where I'm sat right now!) on Monday, I was with the archeologists all day Tuesday giving them a hand and it's re-fuelled my interest!

Hi Mike, wow, this is a nice suprise to hear from you!

Let us know how you get on with the recovery of the remains.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by panzer1 View Post
    This is a helmet that has been in my collection for a good few years now,never been convinced the leather liner is right but i'm happy with the decals and camo paint or what do you think,all opinions are very much appreciated......Thanks Rob
    What a pity... as they say too good to be true...remove the paint with a paint remover you may find some original nice paint underneath..

So the conclusion is that the markings on the helmet are not genuine and possibly something that one has placed on it post war?

Being Croatian myself, this would be something of great interest to myself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast