Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Double Decal Heer Reissue Austrian M16

Article about: I saw this at the Springfield show a few years ago on the table of a dealer from whom I had picked up a few helmets over the years, but passed. I stopped at his shop a few weeks later, it wa

Default Double Decal Heer Reissue Austrian M16

I saw this at the Springfield show a few years ago on the table of a dealer from whom I had picked up a few helmets over the years, but passed. I stopped at his shop a few weeks later, it was on the shelf, I was Jonesing for a fix not having bought any helmets at the show, weakened, and bought it. It is one of the M16 Austrians reissued in early 1940, this one with smooth pea green paint, a zinc/steel banded liner with pig skin leather, and a grey lined WH decal of unknown maker. As happens with these Heer reissue decals, this one is washed out, but is nearly all there. The tri color is also pretty much intact with more vibrant color. The liner is VERY dry, the ends of a few of the fingers have broken off and the chin strap is awol. On the other hand the paint is still pretty good, and over all, I am very satisfied with this one. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double Decal Heer Reissue Austrian M16   Double Decal Heer Reissue Austrian M16  

Double Decal Heer Reissue Austrian M16   Double Decal Heer Reissue Austrian M16  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Decal Heer Reissue Austrian M16
    P
    Many

Very nice Jim

MAP
    ?

Nice Jim!

I have a ratty single decal m16 Austrian with a liner that rattles like crazy. Always wanted to upgrade it to a DD.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A good looking lid in my book Jim, not a bad thing feeling "weak" on occasions! Leon.