Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089

Article about: I pulled out some combat lids this week and wanted to post this one, a bath tub sized DD Luft (ET68 - lot # 4089), with a "straight leg" droop tail bird and a Tri Color with an int

Default Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089

I pulled out some combat lids this week and wanted to post this one, a bath tub sized DD Luft (ET68 - lot # 4089), with a "straight leg" droop tail bird and a Tri Color with an interesting feature. The soldier scratched his initials - ES - into the upper right corner of the white field. I have seen this before, most notably on the monument shield on the FHH helmet I acquired from Al B. a few years ago. The Luft thread starter has darkened but very supple leather (9 full fingers), sans draw string, on a reinforced aluminum liner band. I can't read the date on the band, and there is no ink acceptance stamp in the inner dome. The chinstrap is absent. The piece is otherwise in well worn, but fairly presentable condition and displays well. There is another feature that is a tickler - a finger print on the inner apron near the size/maker stamp - probably from the vet who picked the helmet up while mixing white paint in his garage - but who knows? Anyway, here it is, hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089   Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089  

Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089   Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089  

Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089   Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089  

Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Decal Luftwaffe - Straight Leg Adler - ET 68 - Lot # 4089
    P
    Many

gets the worm?

Another beauty mate, they don't get much better. Leon.

?

Nice early DD Luftwaffe.

There's some white spots on the outside too Jim....... oh why didn't vets paint their rooms olive drab, luft blue or field grey instead of white? ....... dagnabbit!!!

Nice early tho'
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

I think that finger print is an early form of the iPhone fingerprint scanner.

A nice solid been there helmet with a great early bird decal. I love it!

So what's with the "other" decal photo? A teaser?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think that finger print is an early form of the iPhone fingerprint scanner.

A nice solid been there helmet with a great early bird decal. I love it!

So what's with the "other" decal photo? A teaser?
    I added that shot because of the initials on the decal, something I have seen only a few times in the 53 years I have been collecting. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

LoL...I missed that part when I read it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)