Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Double decal Lufty

Article about: Hello guys, I have just managed to get this from a very good friend of mine, he told me we used to play with it when we were kids his Dad brought this back from when he was in the 8th Irish

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Looks like the maker stamp on the strap, LBA stamp usually in the liner. Signifys early LW pre-38 I believe.
    Unless corrected LBA is nothing to do with a date?

Regards
    Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double decal Lufty
    P
    Many

Nice catch! Certainly worth the wait (and the pints)

?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Unless corrected LBA is nothing to do with a date?

Regards
    Eric
    They stopped marking them LBA after 38 is my understanding.

Thanks guys there is no other markings on the helmet except for an ink stamp on the tongue (looks like 38) @ Eric spot on with what you say on the stamp just missing the strap I have just put it under the eye loupe and it could be the top of the digits 1938 /39 ? maybe ?? sorry guys I am a dagger man
    thanks again for the comments,
    cheers Ronnie

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    They stopped marking them LBA after 38 is my understanding.
    That doesn't work Doug leather products maker and dated in the '40's for luft. later LBA exist, interesting I'll check it out when time permits. Ronnie I love that nice crisp Quist stamp on this lid congrats again.

Regards
    Eric

?

That doesn't work Doug leather products maker and dated in the '40's for luft. later LBA exist, interesting I'll check it out when time permits. Ronnie I love that nice crisp Quist stamp on this lid congrats again.

Regards
    Eric
    Eric an LBA stamp has nothing to do with leather products....its a LW property stamp not seen much after 38/39 as they stopped property stamping for the most part during wartime.

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Thanks guys there is no other markings on the helmet except for an ink stamp on the tongue (looks like 38) @ Eric spot on with what you say on the stamp just missing the strap I have just put it under the eye loupe and it could be the top of the digits 1938 /39 ? maybe ?? sorry guys I am a dagger man
    thanks again for the comments,
    cheers Ronnie
    The LBA stamp is either in the middle of the strap or near the other chinstrap bale.
    It's nice to have but not every luftwaffe helmet has an LBA marked chinstrap.

?

Also it can be an inkstamp on the leather liner, LBAB 38 for example. See Kens book page 276 I think, it shows my FJ helmet stamped just so (Normandie FJ DD credited to Ron Richter).

?

Doug
    I know its nothing to do with the product hence my 'nothing to do with a date' its imo a sweeping statement to suggest ie: after '38 they never did it when that is clearly not the case on products with '40's dates. btw the luftwaffenbekleidungsamt bielefeld is still there apparently with plans for a museum I found info on it last night.
    Frank
    I agree its a plus Ronnie's helmet has that strap if it was mine I would describe it as still having its original issue chinstrap, its also a further example why I like to look 'underneath' the liner,,,all a plus plus.

Regards
    Eric

?

Doug
    I know its nothing to do with the product hence my 'nothing to do with a date' its imo a sweeping statement to suggest ie: after '38 they never did it when that is clearly not the case on products with '40's dates. btw the luftwaffenbekleidungsamt bielefeld is still there apparently with plans for a museum I found info on it last night.
    Frank
    I agree its a plus Ronnie's helmet has that strap if it was mine I would describe it as still having its original issue chinstrap, its also a further example why I like to look 'underneath' the liner,,,all a plus plus.

Regards
    Eric
    Eric they typically did not mark LBA after 38-39, but like anything there are exceptions. But they are few and far between.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast