Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Double Decal M40

Article about: This helmet is not in my primary field of collecting and I was wondering if anybody could offer their opinions on it. I know that there is some controversy surrounding double decal M40's. Th

I've added this helmet to the classifieds if anyone is interested. Thanks again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Decal M40
    P
    Many

I see our old friend here has been "snapped up" from our classifieds by ITALIANWARFRONT: WELCOME TO ITALIANWARFRONT and is now currently on offer for $2550 with no mention of the fact that this national decal may or may not be period or field applied(see this thread). Odd how dealers will use "commendations" from forums such as ours to back up a piece but ignore and hide the "negative" side of a story!! A bit shabby if you ask me! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double Decal M40   Double Decal M40  

Double Decal M40  

Mmmm!
    Attached Images Attached Images Double Decal M40 

With a $1050 mark up I will add that there were also many individuals that felt that the helmet had no issues.

Quote by uptheroyals View Post
    With a $1050 mark up I will add that there were also many individuals that felt that the helmet had no issues.
    Hello, good to see you again, that is a nice "mark up"! As I said though "may or may not be period" as we had some for and some against, all we know for certain is that it never left the factory with the national shield on it, yet the new seller omits this important information. If it were 100% factory correct this one would be a touch more than the "bargain" price it is now available for in my opinion. Anyway, I am glad you got the money you were looking for as at the end of the day it is an original helmet with an original decal, not one I personally would be happy to have as a certain original DD M40 HEER as I suspect you were not either as you let it go( that's not a criticism by the way) . All the best,Leon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4