Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight

Article about: Last week I posted a Black M18 Double Decal Schutzpolizei helmet (with a tilted tri color decal). Here is the DD Schutzpolizei helmet that I mentioned in the thread. It is a combat weight Hi

Default Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight

Last week I posted a Black M18 Double Decal Schutzpolizei helmet (with a tilted tri color decal). Here is the DD Schutzpolizei helmet that I mentioned in the thread. It is a combat weight Himmler style shell, with smooth medium green paint. The swastika decal is identical to the one in the previous thread, the tri color is essentially intact, but on this example it is not tilted, a configuration that I haven't encountered on any other examples, but it is 1000% period applied. The complete liner/chin strap assembly is the typical cheap civil style system seen in factory assembled Himmler style shells. This one is in Ken N's Decal book. It has a few dings (especially on the top), a little rust, and a few splatters of paint (seen on many helmets left in the vet's garage or workshop in the immediate post War era before these helmets made it to the collector community), but I think it is in very good condition. I am lucky to have found this one. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight   Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight  

Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight   Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight  

Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight   Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight  

Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Decal Schutzpolizei Helmet - Himmler Shell - Combat Weight
    P
    Many

Great helmet Jim, and a very good example to compare with, thanks for showing it. Leon.

Very interesting helmet to see Jim. Thanks.

A real peach of a lid there Jim, thanks for showing it.

A gem Jim , that sounds funny when I say it out loud.
    Really underestimated and rarer configuration.