Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dutch NSKK helmet

Article about: Hey all, I could be off base on this, but I'm calling shenanigans on this one. This is being sold as A Heer SD helmet converted into a Dutch volunteer helmet. This seller lives close enough

Default Dutch NSKK helmet

Hey all, I could be off base on this, but I'm calling shenanigans on this one. This is being sold as A Heer SD helmet converted into a Dutch volunteer helmet. This seller lives close enough to me that I could take a short drive and see it for myself if necessary. I know these Dutch lids can be debated pretty hotly, but this one looks wrong to me. The liner appears to be brand new, and the "decal" is lopsided and appears to be painted over another decal. The surface of the decal is smooth, but the exposed areas of paint underneath are pitted. Am I right on this one? Any opinions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

Dutch NSKK  helmetDutch NSKK  helmetDutch NSKK  helmetDutch NSKK  helmetDutch NSKK  helmetDutch NSKK  helmetDutch NSKK  helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dutch NSKK  helmet
    P
    Many

The liner doesn't scare me off - it's a nice cream quality leather - but I don't know enough about these decals....... and there is an odd rough finish underneath it?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The decal almost looks like a plastic?? Veryyyy shiny!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

there are no experts on these decals believe me , 99,9% are fake.
    A lot of research needs to go into these before there will be a collector accepted original decal but due to the lack of originals it may take decades.