Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed

Article about: -This just came today- Always wanted one of these- They look great displayed . It looks to have two layers of paint on it and over the decal- One gloss and one flat . The decals are there an

Default Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed

-This just came today- Always wanted one of these- They look great displayed .
    It looks to have two layers of paint on it and over the decal- One gloss and one flat . The decals are there and they look like someone partially exposed them.-
    Curios about the liner Though . Is the liner period correct?
    Any words of advice on cleaning the gloss paint off?
    Nail polish seemed to work on a test spot.
    Would like to bring it back only as as it looks to be painted post war to hide the symbols.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Hopefully this was a good investment and will clean up for display.
    Regards
    Billy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed   Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed  

Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed   Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed  

Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed   Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed  

Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed
    P
    Many

A bit rough but I like it. The liner looks period to me. Jim G.

Hi, the liner looks fine to me also. Personally I would leave the helmet as it is as the "shiney" paint looks period to me from these images. Leon.

Kept the advice- Just cleaned up the old cover paint from the decals very carefully with a razor and wiped the lid clean with some marvel mystery oil .
    It came alive again. Happy with the results- ready to display. One of my most complete helmets now - Moving up slowly from my first rusty relic.
    Thanks for the confirmation. Made me feel a lot better about displaying it.
    Best Regards
    Billy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Double Decal Civil Police Helmet opinion needed  

Looking good!...

Salty helmet but a genuine slant emblems harder to find fire police you did a good job with it. timothy

Well done!

good find.