Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Heer Double Decal Transitional - M18 - Si66

Article about: Here is one I have had for a long while. It is a fairly early double decal Heer tranny, complete with an unreinforced aluminum banded embossed leather liner and a carbine clip chinstrap (whi

Default Early Heer Double Decal Transitional - M18 - Si66

Here is one I have had for a long while. It is a fairly early double decal Heer tranny, complete with an unreinforced aluminum banded embossed leather liner and a carbine clip chinstrap (which broke while I was taking these pictures - DAMN!). It is an Si66 shell, repainted in and out, and adjourned with Heer decals which were covered over with thick coats of shellack. The liner is clearly the original 1930's TR period installed piece, and although the ink stamp on the apron of the shell indicates that the helmet should have had either a size 57 or 58 liner a size 56 was put in this one. The leather has the early embossing. The size "56" is clear, but the rest of the stamp is very light and difficult to decipher. I think I can make out is the year - 1936 - but I just can't get a clear picture of it. The chin strap is one of the early ones as well. I like the way it was installed - it appears that a loop was sewn to the end opposite from the clip, the strap was slipped through the bale over the wearer's left ear and then slipped through the loop. I guess the carbine clip was attached after the strap was fitted to the left bale. This one looks a little beat. Unfortunately the poorly applied paint hasn't held upon so well over the years and there is a lot of rust, but over all it is a pretty good example of an fairly early Heer tranny. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Heer Double Decal Transitional - M18 - Si66   Early Heer Double Decal Transitional - M18 - Si66  

Early Heer Double Decal Transitional - M18 - Si66   Early Heer Double Decal Transitional - M18 - Si66  

Early Heer Double Decal Transitional - M18 - Si66   Early Heer Double Decal Transitional - M18 - Si66  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Heer Double Decal Transitional - M18 - Si66
    P
    Many

Jim.... One with character for sure. A cracking lid

Nice been there helmet

MAP
    ?

Nice. Love the age on the decals. Sorry about the chinstrap...but as these age it's only a matter of time often.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

They just keep on coming! A pleasure to see yet another superb un-messed with helmet. Leon.

?

And the helmet gods have smiled upon you.

very nice love these early ones. I have three and two have a very toned Pocher decal and one the W Abels.

That is a great find!....