Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early TR M18 Police Helmet, Tilted Tricolor, Scraped Mobile Swatika

Article about: Hi All, Here is an early TR M18 Police helmet, an ET 62. Also stamped in the skirt is a capitol "R" (meaning - ?), and under the maker/size stamp is a reclining Lion (I have been a

That's one "helluva" upgrade Jim
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early TR M18 Police Helmet, Tilted Tricolor, Scraped Mobile Swatika
    P
    Many

Here is a shot of the tri color.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early TR M18 Police Helmet, Tilted Tricolor, Scraped Mobile Swatika  
    Last edited by helmet2id; 09-08-2019 at 11:43 PM.

A touch salty, but very interesting too! Yet another variant to learn from. Leon.

?

Thank you for nice pics, awesome helmet!, but can you answer for my questions?

I have similar helmet, but I don't know, is that air vent original or replica?

Why the air vents are so short? It's size 62.

It was only police model helmet or in Reichswehr too? (I want to pain this helmet in Reichswehr green. Will it be historically correct?)

What does TR mean in "TR M18"?

Hi Kromal, "TR" is just my short hand for "Third Reich". The lugs on yours are original. They are identical to the lugs on the size 62 that started the thread, complete with the washers on the interior of the shell. I have no doubt that these inter War commercially manufactured ET shells with the "Reclining Lion" were used by other branches of service but to my recollection the only ones I have ever actually seen are black and adorned with the white bordered "pointed" tri color and the thin armed mobile swastika. Jim G.

?

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2