Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eastern front snow Camo/wire

Article about: Heer M40 ET62 #688 Eastern front/snow Camo/wire.purchased in Victoria Aust,.Found in germany near leipzig (not sure the exact location or condition it was found) ,was brought over to Austral

Default Eastern front snow Camo/wire

Heer M40 ET62 #688 Eastern front/snow Camo/wire.purchased in Victoria Aust,.Found in germany near leipzig (not sure the exact location or condition it was found) ,was brought over to Australia in the early 90's.the chinstrap was not on the helmet when purchased.would love to hear some opinions on this.

regards,
    silas

Eastern front snow Camo/wireEastern front snow Camo/wireEastern front snow Camo/wireEastern front snow Camo/wireEastern front snow Camo/wireEastern front snow Camo/wireEastern front snow Camo/wireEastern front snow Camo/wireEastern front snow Camo/wireEastern front snow Camo/wire

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eastern front snow Camo/wire
    P
    Many

I'm not convinced by it at all from the pictures supplied. Did you buy it on the strength of that rather dodgy story?

Hi, I am not convinced by the repetitive tooling marks, also what decal is that? SS, then wrong side, and what is the purpose of chicken wire on a snow camo ??

I say fake. Look at the uniform contrived rusty patina, uniform "wear" in general --- almost looks like it has housed a litter of kittens on top of the dome judging by the razorsharp uniform scratches all over, wire does not convince at all and the liner appears to be aged (possibly even fake, pale color then aged like seen often in the Latvian creations?) as well. Stay clear, someone's out fishing for a sucker.

Too much bright red rust for my liking!...

Hi, sorry to say that I agree with all of the above, but I do. The wear is completely un-natural and "if" that wire were on there from the period, it would have given an element of protection to the surrounding paint. It has not done that as is clear to see, so that has been added post paint job. All in all, a messed with helmet. Leon.

thanks for your comments,no its definetly heer,i see no SS insignia.you's make some good points though.i got it in a trade for a heer tunic.who knows for sure though,the wire on the snow camo for me is the key to say i think it has been messed wit,i hate it when people mess with original piece' to maybe up the value.anyway thanks,..regards

si

can you get your tunic back?.

I'd Far rather have the tunic...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If you traded an original tunic for this piece of nothing I sure hope you have some kind of return policy to rely on--- as has been touched upon, absolutely nothing seems to be right here... not the camo, wire or anything else... maybe the shell if you're lucky?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast