Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ef 62 m40 cammo

Article about: Hi all, just seen this one on REGIMENTALS site for £830. Looks to me a good cammo(for once!)but I thought I would post it for opinions anyway as a learning tool.I can't really afford it but

?

Default Re: Ef 62 m40 cammo

Looks like a good one and not that bad aprice . Leon i wouldn't worry about the round , not necessarily a low calibre the round could have just about been spent when it impacted and rounds could be coming in from all directions !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ef 62 m40 cammo
    P
    Many

The camo looks good to me.
    Liner looks good also.
    But I would get close-ups of the rivets from the sides
    I would also say post-war hit.
    That website is really really pricey .
    I have seen them trying to sell helmets 4 times the market value.
    chris

Thanks guys,i'm "mulling"it over,it is a nice looking helmet,i just don't want to upset the wife,she wants a new rug!! Leon.

Helol! there is no picture of the top. On the first picture, it's seems there is a hit on the top.

?

It could be a legit one, but I would like to see better pics before I would commit my opinion as to it's originality, but that's just me.
    I tend to view most of the stuff from Regimentals with a healthy deal of scepticism I'm afraid.

Brad.

Quote by Lidman View Post
    It could be a legit one, but I would like to see better pics before I would commit my opinion as to it's originality, but that's just me.
    I tend to view most of the stuff from Regimentals with a healthy deal of scepticism I'm afraid.

Brad.
    I agree Brad,for a well established company I have seen a lot of items on there that in my opinion are not good at all.Lebus,i think you are quite right about the top having had a hit,there is some distortion up there!! Leon.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Those style pins are known for losing the paint. Not good adhesion.
    Agree Todd, but the brass ones shouldn't be on an M40 ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Agree Todd, but the brass ones shouldn't be on an M40 ......
    Hi,they certainly do not look brass to me,more like zinc's.I can see the worries over the pins,i like to see a lack of paint on "cammo" pins as that should be the first area to fail,but I would expect to see at least a bit of the original base paint on the heads(especially the rear rivet!)? I like it i'm 95% sure all components are original,i.e. as they were put together and then the cammo added,but the 5% still asks questions over the parts adding up to the sum!! Leon.

?

I too am slightly concerned re the total lack of original paint on the pins , also regimentals are well known for being pricey which also concerns me re the comparatively low price of a named 'original' camo m40 ,i am worried that the liner and pins may not be original to the helmet,an in hand inspection is,i n my opinion a necessary action prior to purchase

I am with Dave.
    chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2