Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

EF64 M42 (post war use in Norway)

Article about: Hi all. This nice M42 arrived in the email today, bought it together with a Seitengewehr 84/98 which I will post pictures of later as well. This M42 was used post war by the Norwegians, but

Quote by MAP View Post
    Amen. Never take the liner out.
    Yes "Helmet Godfather" !! Good advice
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EF64 M42 (post war use in Norway)
    P
    Many

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, these Norwegian helmets are getting scarce now, I am however a bit confused as to why the liner is out in some of the images? I hope you did not remove it to see the liner band date? No need to do that at all and it will only de-value the helmet. They are every bit a "one looker" as any other helmet if left in their proper state. Leon.
    Why are you confused ? Never saw a liner removed from the shell ?? You take things WAY too serious Leon.
    D.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Amen. Never take the liner out.
    What if there is a spider & web inside it ? I would remove the liner to get the little bugger !!
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    What if there is a spider & web inside it ? I would remove the liner to get the little bugger !!
    D.
    Yes. Mrs. Mulch...there are always exceptions to the rule.

Yours Sincerely,

The Godfather
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by real steel View Post
    D.
    A chemical attack would be less invasive. Perhaps a "thread" on spider removal from helmets is needed?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    A chemical attack would be less invasive. Perhaps a "thread" on spider removal from helmets is needed?
    my removal method of choice for spiders in a helmet

EF64 M42 (post war use in Norway)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well, I have to confess, I did take it out to have a better look at it, but it can't be seen anyway that I took it out, since the Norwegians, for some reason threw away the backplates of the rivets, if they had been there I wouldn't have done it, neither would I have done it when it would have been a original German helmet with paint and all, but I did not clean the shell in any way, that is still in as-found condition, in the liner I just removed some green grime or whatever that had accumulated on the brass pins as it didn't look very aesthetic. I was careful when I did it, so no harm done
    I usually would never remove the liner, in this case I just thought, well the Norwegians removed it too, so, whatever.
    And, who knows, maybe there could've been a spider in there, better safe than sorry
    Anyway, lesson learned

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2