Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ET M40 SD helmet

Article about: I have seen a few ww1 helmets, when I was a kid my neighbour brought a m16 shell to school for show and tell. I saw it a few years later in his chook house full of straw and rust holes. As f

Default ET M40 SD helmet

This is a new helmet, i found.
    ET M40 single decal heer, lot number from what i can make out is 498.
    the chin strap market 41 with a, d I d, stamp thats what it looks like to me or bdr 41. not sure what maker the chin strap is.
    All the liner rivets are very tight to liner band, and washers are in place. The liner feels very dry and papery, i think thats how i can explain the condition, as well as the chin strap.
    Im to scared mess around with the liner or chin strap.
    just would like to here any thoughts on this helmet. Thanks mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ET M40 SD helmet   ET M40 SD helmet  

ET M40 SD helmet   ET M40 SD helmet  

ET M40 SD helmet   ET M40 SD helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ET M40 SD helmet
    P
    Many

this helmet was found in a shed. from what i was told a veteran brought this back to australia after ww2. the guy that found this helmet went to the house to get some grenades. and found the helmet on the ground next to them.

Looks to be a nice helmet - well done!

Josh

thanks josh. i swapped this helmet with a EF m40 sd heer i had. but the decal on that one was a bit more worn than this one.

4md
    ?

nice helmet with a good toned et decal, just goes to show you can find lids locally, gives me hope. well done

regards Paul

Quote by 4md View Post
    nice helmet with a good toned et decal, just goes to show you can find lids locally, gives me hope. well done

regards Paul
    hi paul. yea your right there is still somthings out there. over in SA i found a lady that had a fj helmet that her husbands farther brought back from italy. but she said that the helmet was untouched for years after the war. until the 70s when her husband got into motobikes. she said he got the helmet chromed. and wore it on his bike.

Never had any luck finding German stuff over here unfortunately. Only ever found a WWI trench periscope w/ bag. Was still very happy!

Must be an absolute thrill to get something attributed to an Australian veteran. Well done!

Quote by Aus der Traum View Post
    Never had any luck finding German stuff over here unfortunately. Only ever found a WWI trench periscope w/ bag. Was still very happy!

Must be an absolute thrill to get something attributed to an Australian veteran. Well done!
    i think theres still a few ww1 german bring back helmets over here. but its good to find a ww2 home find. i still had a very good look at the helmet. and not the story. theres still a lot of sharks on the ground. cheers mark.

Hi Mark , looks fine to me , I seem to see more toned ET decals these days, but I think they look best that way anyhow, good buy! Leon.

thank you leon. i like this helmet it is just a stock standard german sd m40 with age.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast