Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Exiting chicken wire, and zeltbahn

Article about: Insults have no place in this forum. This is a first and final warning on the subject. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Exiting chicken wire, and zeltbahn

Quote by NickD View Post
    wonder how many rare helmets he will suddenly have for sale ?????
    This one of a kind relic fetched a price of 600 pounds! I suspect he will come up with quite a few more at that rate of return. "Vultures, vultures everywhere!" as the pick pocket cautioned the refugee in Casablanca. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Exiting chicken wire, and zeltbahn
    P
    Many

Quote by isle of wighter View Post
    the button on the rear of the helmet cover appears to be the same type found on wehrmacht bread bags.
    it is, and all zeltbahns have them.the close up photos is a big help ,i have a genuine well used zeltbahn and this on the helmet looks period,lv

?

someone must have offered him the £600 as a buy in now offer as the original auction was ended & it was then re-listed & ended at that price. maybe there were to many questions being asked about so he decided to bail out while the going was still good ?????

After reading the majority of replies i am of course put off it,i was tempted to bid.I have to go with the majority opinions.It looks like an m42 with the little bit of rim i can see.Also a helmet like this its vital to look under the wire, and cover to see if the helmets ok,if it breaks a little so be it.Who knows it could be a repro ,or a spanish helmet.Its a pity because a helmet looking like that with the cover, and wire being genuine would be a great item to have.lv

andy1902
    ?

hello gentlemen, i have been collecting german helmets for many years now,and its interesting to hear your comments on my new helmet!!,if you need any questions answered try me, there is a lot of rust on the cloth,it has european ww2 era chicken wire which some has broken and loosened , the cloth has not faded under the wire it has worn it, being very old cloth anything that scratches i.e. wire it leaves light mark, which can be seen everywhere near where the wire touches the cloth,the helmet was not sold as ss,but he was told it could be,and lets be honest if the cloth was lifted it could be,people hav said the guy has loads of bits and pieces of helmets, a bit harsh i think,a chinstrap, set of pins,drawcord, non of which are on this helmet!! the liner has never been out of this helmet and leather shows avarage wear, yes it is a m42 with totally original paint, anyway gents hope this clears a few things up, and yes i would love to take the cloth off,but no i will leave alone.

Hello Andy. Welcome to the forum.. Its good to hear you are happy with your helmet. It is very hard to tell good from bad unless you have it in your hands,I'm still learning..slowly. Would you share the Makers mark, size and lot numbers with us? Cant really make them out from the ebay photo's.

Regards

andy1902
    ?

hi jim, L62 573 is all i have the others are covered by the cloth rim wires,just cannot get to them.andy

Quote by andy1902 View Post
    hi jim, L62 573 is all i have the others are covered by the cloth rim wires,just cannot get to them.andy
    Thanks Andy.

?

hello gentlemen, i have been collecting german helmets for many years now,and its interesting to hear your comments on my new helmet!!,if you need any questions answered try me, there is a lot of rust on the cloth,it has european ww2 era chicken wire which some has broken and loosened , the cloth has not faded under the wire it has worn it, being very old cloth anything that scratches i.e. wire it leaves light mark, which can be seen everywhere near where the wire touches the cloth,the helmet was not sold as ss,but he was told it could be,and lets be honest if the cloth was lifted it could be,people hav said the guy has loads of bits and pieces of helmets, a bit harsh i think,a chinstrap, set of pins,drawcord, non of which are on this helmet!! the liner has never been out of this helmet and leather shows avarage wear, yes it is a m42 with totally original paint, anyway gents hope this clears a few things up, and yes i would love to take the cloth off,but no i will leave alone.

but he did buy 2x M42's off the same dealer back in FEB 2009 more then enough time to make something like this just my opinion thats all

hello gentlemen, i have been collecting german helmets for many years now,and its interesting to hear your comments on my new helmet!!
    Sorry, I’m a little confused You bought this from e bay just now? And if you are a collector, you must surely realise that it is a nail?

if you need any questions answered try me,
    I’ve got a few………………………..
    1.look at the picture, and look carefully, does that not look a little suspicious to you, the paint scratches are under the cloth?
    2. Look at the other picture of the wire touching the cloth. To me it doesn’t look right. Lots of rust on the wire, yet it has rubbed a small area clean? Come on, let’s be honest, that much rust would generate some wear around that area on the cloth. It’s rubbed an area clean. …..Why?
    the helmet was not sold as ss,but he was told it could be,
    Who in their right mind would not look under …It could potentially make the helmet desirable. But I doubt if it has anything underneath, except the fakers initials
    the liner has never been out of this helmet and leather shows avarage wear, yes it is a m42 with totally original paint,
    I would like to see pictures of it in daylight without the flash. As the paint chips where the cloth has been put over the top appear to have a pinkish hue.
    With all the evidence that has been produced, and knowing a fair bit about rust, and its characteristics, I doubt whether this helmet has period applied camouflage
    Can you educate me please? Who manufactured the helmet?
    “L”???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Exiting chicken wire, and zeltbahn   Exiting chicken wire, and zeltbahn  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast