Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Expert Posters: Has Anyone Seen Paint Like this on a Helmet?

Article about: So I am either very happy or very concerned. I recently purchased an M40 helmet from a dealer. The name "Grieser" was written in beige paint on the inside brim of the helmet (pics

Default Expert Posters: Has Anyone Seen Paint Like this on a Helmet?

So I am either very happy or very concerned. I recently purchased an M40 helmet from a dealer. The name "Grieser" was written in beige paint on the inside brim of the helmet (pics below). Someone on this site posted an M35 helmet (WWII German M35 Helmet Heer Decal Named Real? How much is it worth? Please help) with paint in the same place and in the same color with the name "Ballin" (pic below - it's a small sized pic. that's what the poster used.) The liners also look suspiciously similar. Should I be worried? Was this paint something common? Worried that there is some faker using this as a technique. How about the liner issue? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Expert Posters: Has Anyone Seen Paint Like this on a Helmet?   Expert Posters: Has Anyone Seen Paint Like this on a Helmet?  

Expert Posters: Has Anyone Seen Paint Like this on a Helmet?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Expert Posters: Has Anyone Seen Paint Like this on a Helmet?  Expert Posters: Has Anyone Seen Paint Like this on a Helmet? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Expert Posters: Has Anyone Seen Paint Like this on a Helmet?
    P
    Many

?

IMO the helmet looks fine.

?

I don't see a problem with it. I don't think a name would add all that much $ to a helmet for a person to go
    around painting names in them. They may be a little more interesting but not more $.
    I mean don't get me wrong some idiot over the years might have written a name in a helmet or two but not likely.
    Helmet looks good. Liner looks good and I don't see anything wrong with the name.

helmet fine but.or inscription is the original god only knows.

Baltic and the Ukraine very much fakes captions

Hi, it looks ok to me, these things obviously can and are faked but usually you get the "full" over blown SS Sturm etc or alike!!! Leon.

Looks fine to me!...

Is the skirt painted black or is it just the pictures? The outer shell and decal look good IMHO.

No problem for me. I'm sure I have seen this particular lid before too.

Your helmet is an M42, not M40.

Yes i misstated that. Thanks. How do you feel about this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast