Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.

Article about: HEy guys this is my final decision as felt sketchy on the tunic. I really like this lid and i would like to trade it with one of my reenactor buddies. He would like to trade his M35 lufty fo

?

Default Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.

HEy guys this is my final decision as felt sketchy on the tunic. I really like this lid and i would like to trade it with one of my reenactor buddies. He would like to trade his M35 lufty for the dagger. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-di...ayonet-287097/ Here are the photos of the dagger. Its incomplete because it does not have a scabbard.
    What do you guys think, all opinions are appreciated!!
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.   Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.  

Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.   Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.  

Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.   Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.

Hi there,looks to be a decent but well used M35 DD with the early brass retaining pins(these always easily loose their paint!)That said i'm not sure that this is it's original liner,i say that because the chinstrap bales are the later rounded type and not the early square ones,also it looks as though this helmet may have had a white wash that's been cleaned away! Some closer pictures would be good to tell for sure. Leon.

?

Default Re: Fair trade? Salty DD m35 lufty for Uncomplete 1st pattern Lufty dagger.

The seller said that this is not the original leather but he replaced it. He still does have the original leather but the band is original to the lid. sorry I had a hard time understanding but what part of the helmet would you like me to request closer shots of?
    Thanks
    Ryan

Ah,that clears up that "little issue" I must admit that in that case,i would probably pass on this one and wait for a better one(unless you really like it!) As far as DD M35 helmets go,Luftwaffe ones are the easiest to pick up and this one is just to messed with really.Have a look at the "arms" of the retaining rivets if you can,i suspect they may have been tampered with.As for pictures,close ups of the rivets(inside and out) would be good to see if they show clearer signs of a white wash over paint and liner removal. Leon.

I believe the dagger may be worth au bit more that this helmet.
    Morris

I didn't read the thread title at first, so I thought you were considering trading the chained SS dagger for the helmet!

I say pick the one you like better. Value is not important, what is important is which item you think you will enjoy owning the most. If you like the helmet better than the dagger (which I assume you do since you are asking our opinions) then go for the helmet!

Rbemer207 I do a lot of trading myself, I'd say what ever you like best and can do your collection the most good. That's the way I look at it I'd say all in all at the prices of both of these items it would all work out in value in the long run. Helmet could be better as stated but double decal Luft are not cheap either. It boils down to a personnel decision and collecting interests they often change I have seen it a lot especially in older collectors I have a friend that sold off WW2 to buy WW1. timothy

As stated its your choice and value is not everything i am not saying go trade something worth a 1000 for a 400 dollar item what i am saying is if you like it i would go for it if you think it would be more air ask him for a little money with it or another cheaper item he has you are interested in !!! good luck

?

I would think if you asked several collector sellers what you want and what you have to trade You could get yourself a very nice helmet in trade for that Chained SS dagger!!!
    Like WW2relichunter said you have a dagger worth at the least $1K and your looking at a $400 max helmet. You might want to see what others would offer you before taking that trade.
    Just my 2 centavos
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

The fact that the helmet is an M35 does make it more desirable in my eyes than other normal luftys, but as others have said, as long as your happy with the outcome and feel it was fair then go for it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast