Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!

Article about: OK, before you mods kill this thread because its "Ebay Junk" please hear my case. This helmet is due to finish shortly on Ebay Australia and I have watched it rise from a modest st

Default A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!

OK, before you mods kill this thread because its "Ebay Junk" please hear my case.

This helmet is due to finish shortly on Ebay Australia and I have watched it rise from a modest start price to $690 so far.
    People are still getting caught out!! ......

Despite the seller's caveat of 'maybe' its a refurb etc..., bidders are pushing things like this to scary new heights. Yes they deserve what they get but its another case of a little bit of age and they'll believe black is white. For many people, this is a genuine ww2 German helmet .....sigh.

We can ALL see the many, many things that are wrong with it without me pointing out the bleeding obvious but I don't think there is a lot we can do to prevent cases like this. Now someones going to NEVER believe that the super rare double eagle decal helmet they have snatched up is a dog......

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!   A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!  

A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!   A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!  

A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!   A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!
    P
    Many

Now the damn thing is at $975 with an hour to go!!!!!!!!

They're all mad!

They will find out the Hard way...Live and Learn.

Militaria Websites are available as easily as Ebay is available. What a shame

A fake on ebay - but people are getting caught!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Lots of this happening Dan on ebay, plenty of fools out there willing to waste their money.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well that's what it sold for.... $975 Australian.
    I need to flog some of my genuine relics. ... could retire on the proceeds if this is the new norm.

Somebody bought themselves a "true jewel".....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Somebody bought themselves a "true jewel".....
    ... until the day he comes here (or another good forum ), or ask to an official dealer how much can cost this "extremely rare" jewel.
    He will fall like Icarus.

CBH
    ?

A Fool and his money , are soon parted .

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Well that's what it sold for.... $975 Australian.
    I need to flog some of my genuine relics. ... could retire on the proceeds if this is the new norm.
    Dan, if you do the decent thing and sell a genuine original piece that the buyer will be happy with, then all that will happen is that the ebay police will "pull it" and give you a warning. Fake $8£t at a premium is the only way on the bay!!! Leon.

Dan,

For those of us who inherited our Stahlhelme and / or got them from reputable dealers prior to the internet and as a consequence have never really learned what to look for w/ re: to fakes, what are all the things wrong with this?

What catches my eye: the liner performations make me think its not german, mine dont look like that. It seems to've been repainted, and thus the decal would be BS too; but i dont really know for sure.

What else? i'm really genuinely curious! I've gotten good at spotting fake Pickelhauben (i hope!) but never learned the ropes for the fake stahlhelme.

g

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast