Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Fake German Steel helmets

Article about: I'm seeing crappy decals and incorrect liners, but no fake shells...other than the whacky Jugo "SS"....

I'm no expert on helmets, but these two caught my eyes as fakes at a local antique mall. I know the decals are clearly fake, and the SS helmet was priced at $150 sadly I was excited when I saw these, at least until I saw them up close

Fake German Steel helmetsFake German Steel helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake German Steel helmets
    P
    Many

Dubious Decals aside, if the Liner is still present in that M42, $150 would be a darn Good Price...
    Same goes for the "Rautarn" Coated M40, $150 would be a great deal in my opinion...The Fake Decals are easily removed, but the Shells both appear Original...
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Dubious Decals aside, if the Liner is still present in that M42, $150 would be a darn Good Price...
    Same goes for the "Rautarn" Coated M40, $150 would be a great deal in my opinion...The Fake Decals are easily removed, but the Shells both appear Original...
    cheers, Glenn
    I wouldn't be holding my breath on the M42 GLenn Wrong split pins, if even original. Helmet also looks pitted and maybe repainted...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I wouldn't be holding my breath on the M42 GLenn Wrong split pins, if even original. Helmet also looks pitted and maybe repainted...
    I can't even tell for sure with the one photo provided...your eyes are likely way better than mine, lol...Original Shell, however...
    cheers, Glenn

Yeah, I didn't even get those 2 out of the case because of the fake decals and wrong pins, hence why the pictures are so bad haha

Reproductions Are Healthy In The Market Place As Originals Become Less Available.
    These Only Become Fakes If They Are Artificially Aged Then Passed Off As Originals .

It seems I have some competition near home. Your not the only one in Texas who hunts the antique stores for WW2 relics LoL. Always great to see a fellow Texas collector. Good luck on turning up more relics at antique stores/flea markets. Its getting harder day by day to find relics locally. but when you put in the time, and dedication you can find some gems.

Best regards- Jarret

- - ------- - -

I saw this for sale on a UK site. It wasn't a dealer or auction site, just a place to sell any items.
    It was described as a genuine SS helmet for £5,000.
    More alarming was that it's now listed as sold.

Nick

Both these decals were on the same M40 (first giveaway - 2 decals on an M40):

Terrible Adler, lacking detail and sharpness. His snipy beak makes him look more like a lizard:

Painted national shield:

The dealer described the decals as being reproductions and priced accordingly.

Default Fake Gladiator/RAD Helmet

As just became aware of this *infamous Helmet/images after conducting some research on the RAD decal. Anyways, I came across another sale using exact same images on Craigslist. Thought I would share.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake German Steel helmets   Fake German Steel helmets  

Fake German Steel helmets   Fake German Steel helmets  

Fake German Steel helmets   Fake German Steel helmets  

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast