Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Fake German Steel helmets

Article about: I'm seeing crappy decals and incorrect liners, but no fake shells...other than the whacky Jugo "SS"....

Default M35 with DD SS decals

This one was on Facebook with the poster claiming it was his 'hobby' to make up helmets like this.
    He got taken down a peg or two in the comments as everyone suspected this was for financial gain.

Notice the sharp points on the runes, the very recent scratch marks on the decals and strategically placed damage on the breaks.

Zoom in on the swastika for a good laugh.

Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake German Steel helmets
    P
    Many

Yes Nick but this would still pass muster with the majority of "non collectors"..... and when we are all dead and gone, creations such as these will be held up as original. I have seen worse in museums - and that's the scary aspect!
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Yes Nick but this would still pass muster with the majority of "non collectors"..... and when we are all dead and gone, creations such as these will be held up as original. I have seen worse in museums - and that's the scary aspect!
    Regards, Dan
    Dan - it is a concern. Fake decals are getting better and it is an insidious part of collecting. It makes it very hard for the new collector. I think with a USB microscope you should be able to detect a fake decal, but this is not an option when purchasing online.
    Let's hope we can stay one step ahead of them...
    Nick

Default Fake SS Decal

Now I'm no expert so remove this post if it's genuine but my spidey senses are really telling me this one is fake.

Default Fake Luftwaffe Helmet

Original shell with fake decal and fake paint.

Fake German Steel helmets Fake German Steel helmets

Quote by map View Post
    Tell me about these? Are they fake?
    Good God! Yes it is fake. The fantasy skull and cross bone decal is never existed in the SS.

?

Hi, is anyone familiar with a decal of a parachute with a blue and white shield in the background ? It is on am m42 helmet.

- - ------- - -

Hi, is anyone familiar with a decal of a parachute with a blue and white shield in the background ? It is on am m42 helmet.

?

hi all, it would be veeeeeery good if apart from posting a photo and someone saying "fake!" the experts take a little more time and tell us all ignorants why the helmet is fake, then this great thread would be extremely more helpful to everybody as a reference. Just saying "the decals look terrible" does not help much.
    thanks!

Here is an obvious fake. TSR 64. Stamped in the right location, shells were sold as original but repainted with new liner installed. Thomas Strum Rottenburg was a helmet reproduction company in the 70's now long gone I believe. I don't know who added those decals. The helmet was handed to me and it was so light I put a magnet on it just to make sure it wasn't aluminum (it wasn't). Before it was given to me and my brother to play outside with, it was used as an ugly sweater Christmas gift sent to different family members each year as a prank. The guy who worked with my dad got tired of getting it as a gift prank so he gave it to us to play with.

Fake German Steel helmets Fake German Steel helmets Fake German Steel helmets Fake German Steel helmets Fake German Steel helmets

Hello all, I've had this helmet for probably 10 years now. Something never did sit right with the eagle decal. that line of silver running along the bottom. It looks like there used to be something underneath as there is a dull area around the decal. tri color might be good but it is cracking a lot Any thoughts on these 2 decals? Fake German Steel helmets Fake German Steel helmets Fake German Steel helmets

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast