Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Fake German Steel helmets

Article about: I'm seeing crappy decals and incorrect liners, but no fake shells...other than the whacky Jugo "SS"....

Default Re: Fake German Steel helmets

I'm seeing crappy decals and incorrect liners, but no fake shells...other than the whacky Jugo "SS"....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake German Steel helmets
    P
    Many

The question is what to do with fake decals on real german helmets ?? as mine is do i take the decals off or leave it as is ?? dont even know if the paint is real !! bought as original and only found out about a year after purchase it was fake Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !! and the dealer would not take it back bastard !! you live and learn !! any comments

I went back to see which helmets you were referring to, and in my view (strictly my personal opinion, I don't wish to put down anyone here) the Wehrmacht eagle is an obvious fake and should have raise alarm bells right away...they didn't even try too hard on that one...
    Now the SS decal is another matter, and I totally understand now what you mean. I might have fallen for that one too...How did you find out?
    I bought my first Stahlhelm when I was 10 and have been obsessed with WW2 since the age of 7 or 8, and worked for a high-end dealer as well...meaning I'm no newbie with this stuff, but I'm seeing these dirtbags getting pretty damn creative nowadays in order to rip people off...and I still spend HOURS EACH DAY doing my research to stay on top of things. This forum has saved my butt many times, and Ade has been especially helpful to me. When you are spending big money, you simply must do your homework before you buy, when in doubt don't buy, if the seller won't guarantee his item-take your hard-earned cash to someone who will. It is unfortunate that our hobby has been tainted by these jerks, and sadly it's not getting any better either. I assure you that I have had to learn many,many lessons the hard way as well...God bless this forum! Cheers, Glenn

Glen thanks for those wise words Unfortunatly I found out the hard way !! I bought the ss helmet before I had the wisdom of the war relics forum and Wehrmacht Awards forum where there are some of the best experts in the world on fake German ww2 items and was told it was fake on the helmet forum and now through this experiance am much more cute on ss helemts !! thank god I have only been stung once !! thank you all for making collecting and buying safer !! this thred is good as it lets people know the pitfalls of this hobby before spending hard earned money on fakes as I and am sure many others have done. Thanks glen Matt

Here are a couple helmets you guys can practice on, which ones are fake and which ones are original?

PS: No experts allowed(That means you too Ade).

Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

numbers 1, 3 and 4 are real... yes?

You are correct on number 1 and 4.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Also the last looks original to mee. Isn't it Bye Pierluigi

rusian make huge busines from ww2 relic

Quote by german1936 View Post
    Are you saying this is a fake red cross (drk) decal because it is on the wrong kind of helmet or is there other indicators?

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast