Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Fake German Steel helmets

Article about: I'm seeing crappy decals and incorrect liners, but no fake shells...other than the whacky Jugo "SS"....

Default Re: Fake German Steel helmets

post war helmet that some clown tried to turn into a real helmet.fake decals,liner and even the shell is a post war rig.the guys here spotted it,right off the bat,in an opinion thread I started the other day! THANKS !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake German Steel helmets
    P
    Many

Default Steel helmet Reichsarbeitsdienst (RAD) fake

Another candidate of fake helmet. Steel helmet of Reichsarbeitsdienst (RAD) with decal:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...98/#post276557
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Default Re: Steel helmet Reichsarbeitsdienst (RAD) fake

what are peoples thoughts on this?

picklhaube ww1 orginal german helmet | eBay UK

just seems such a low starting bid for such a quality helmet?

after seeing this one and also many others on this thread, it seems these crooks are getting better and better...... it's sad....really.. ive started to look into getting a japanese nco sword and the word is, only 300,000 to 500,000 of these swords were brought back to US after the war, and because theyve been gettiing more and more popular, the fakes produced have now tripled the amount of swords out there! the same figure is probably the same with out helmets if not more! so in retrospect, i really wonder if there are helmets out there that even fooled the best experts in militaria. this i fear the MOST! it would be really disheartening to figure out one day that one of your helmets is a fake!

Does anyone have an opinion on the camo helmets dug recently in France
    'INCREDIBLE WW1 GROUND DIG FIND'
    Real or fake?
    Seller is asking serious money for these and I am very tempted but ???????????

I think they are good.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by ringbuffer View Post
    The question is what to do with fake decals on real german helmets ?? as mine is do i take the decals off or leave it as is ?? dont even know if the paint is real !! bought as original and only found out about a year after purchase it was fake Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !! and the dealer would not take it back bastard !! you live and learn !! any comments
    yeah what should you do with fake paint and decals? Sand blast the shit paint off or leave it alone???

Here is a helmet I found at a pawn shop for $850. Luckily the man working the shop allowed me to take pictures.

Unless I'm mistaken... the steel pot itself is real, but someone ruined it with the paint and decals and bogus liner/ chin strap... right?

?

The helmets real enough but everything else is bogus, perhaps you might like to point out the error of this dealers ways, its not worth $85 let alone $850

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Here is a helmet I found at a pawn shop for $850. Luckily the man working the shop allowed me to take pictures.

Unless I'm mistaken... the steel pot itself is real, but someone ruined it with the paint and decals and bogus liner/ chin strap... right?

Very interesting, it was used post-war by the Norwegian army(The liner is dyed redish and look at the type of paint on the liner). It was then overpainted by some jerk and fake decals were put on. So that helmet has 3 layers of paint, meaning you will have to go through 2 layers to get to the original color. I would say it's worth about 60-80 $.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast