Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Fake German Steel helmets

Article about: I'm seeing crappy decals and incorrect liners, but no fake shells...other than the whacky Jugo "SS"....

?

Default Re: Fake German Steel helmets

Camouflage paint is not far from original , I have seen both types of camouflage paint on various original WW2 things including helmets.This type of camouflage called "Thick Brushed Stripe Camo" and was done in many ways and models , because it was handmade on the front, in a thousand ways.The guy who restored the helmet was able to paint in different ways but opted for this rare type of camouflage .I do not want to talk more on this , because we are not properly Topic /Thread.I attached a picture of my helmet over an original canister found by me in Romania and originates from the Eastern-Front , I assure you that yellow is absolutely identical , and this kind of camouflage-blue exists on many other helmets-objects in WW2.
    Camera-flash device change the original reflection of color , in the picture is very blue, in reality is more green-gray.

Fake German Steel helmetsFake German Steel helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake German Steel helmets
    P
    Many

Hi!

Your helmet was sold on vatera.hu. Seller's nickname is stefanvass from Hajdú-Bihar county (eastern Hungary). He is a nice guy, use to make repro helmets like this.

Camo paint is one thing, but basic paint ("factory paint") is quite different from original. Decal is good quality french repro from decalhelmet.com but as I said it's a nice restored helmet which has never been offered as original.

?

ok ... thank you!

Gazkreig
    ?

Great photos, but I feel confused with some of the helmets, a description of what is fake about the helmets would be handy, as the collecting world now has to deal with fake shells now, a summary of serial numbers that are fake would be excellent, I have seen fake lids that are very convincing in there brand new condition, one fake number stamping I do know is ET-68, but was wondering are there other known fake numbers and letters, also it might be easier to place a photo of an original next to the fake pix, just to train the eye a bit better, these forgeries must be studied in minute detail, these fakes are killing collecting and must be stopped.

?

Quote by Gazkreig View Post
    ......................... these fakes are killing collecting and must be stopped.
    Good luck with that

?

Talking Re: Fake German Steel helmets

Mutant?

Fake German Steel helmetsFake German Steel helmetsFake German Steel helmets

?

Half expect that to be worn by a biker of some sort...

Nitram

?

About mutant-helmet

Link eBay

Fine original German Prussian spiked Pickelhaube helmet, worn by the German military around WWI. The helmet features a gilt eagle ornament holding a scepter and orb. The eagle has the letters "FR" on it and reads "Mitt Gott Fur Koenig Und Vaterland" which translates to "With God for King and Fatherland". The helmet also has a detachable spike. The helmet comes complete with the original liner that is intact and in good condition. The helmet is in very good condition with only some light wear to be expected with age.

The cretin trying to sell this horror is a mutant!Good Grief when do these scumbags learn a trade??

?

WTF ? .... Horrible "helmet" !!

Too bad ... he ruined that M42

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast