Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fake humpback chinstrap?

Article about: I have seen this chinstrap on a helmet for sale and was not instantly taken with the shape. Is this a fake 'humpback' chinstrap? Thanks.

?

Default Fake humpback chinstrap?

I have seen this chinstrap on a helmet for sale and was not instantly taken with the shape. Is this a fake 'humpback' chinstrap? Thanks.Fake humpback chinstrap?Fake humpback chinstrap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake humpback chinstrap?
    P
    Many

Yes, you are right, fake humpback buckle and incorrect stamp marking.

Was unaware there was a name for a strap buckle. However, above statement is correct, it's a fake
    D.

Good spot chaps .... Will the Dealer remove the fake strap and then offer you a discount for a Helmet without a genuine chinstrap??

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Good spot chaps .... Will the Dealer remove the fake strap and then offer you a discount for a Helmet without a genuine chinstrap??
    Wouldn't that be great, unfortunately I think alot of dealers would not even accept that it is a fake strap.

It is a humpback and the helmet looks like an NS M42 Luftwaffe helmet. Paint color and pigksin liner are unmistakenable , used to own one like that.

MAP
    ?

anyone care to highlight what on the buckle is bad? I'm a noob with chinstraps but would like to learn.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    anyone care to highlight what on the buckle is bad? I'm a noob with chinstraps but would like to learn.
    The shape of the buckle is a huge give away. It has a humped back :-) while Original buckles have a slight slope or angle to the back.
    If you check my fake chinstraps page on my website (scroll down to the bottom) you can see it in better perspective.

Also how the maker is cut into the leather is not good.

Other than the buckle (give away) I look at the black tanning on it, & the cracks on the non-dyed side. Can almost smell the new leather smell from here.
    D.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Gent. Was focusing on the buckle. Yes, the leather is obvious.

This is what I think is the area in question

Fake humpback chinstrap?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast